Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - 4 Nights - AHI getting worse
New User - 4 Nights - AHI getting worse
I got my Dreamstation Auto on Monday night.

My sleep study AHI was 94. According the to the Dreammapper app:

Monday night - AHI was 13.9 with no mask leak

Tuesday night - AHI was 10.4 with no mask leak

Wed. night - AHI was 14.7 with no mask leak

and Thurs night - AHI was 17.9 with no mask leak.

Seems like i'm going backwards. I have the Dreamstation with the dreamwear nasal mask. I have ordered the Dreamwear full face - because I think i'm doing more mouth breathing than I thought I would. It's supposed to be here today.

I HAVE downloaded OSCAR - but haven't looked at the data yet. I'm at work now so won't be able to look at that till later this evening.  

My pressure is set from 6-20.  

Any thoughts??  Looking forward to kicking apnea in the butt and sleeping better.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - 4 Nights - AHI getting worse
Your profile shows your pressure is at 6-20, and with the Philips Dreamstation it is important to optimize the minimum pressure. The machine is relatively slow to increase pressure and often drops pressure allowing more events to occur. My best guess is that if events are mainly OA and H with some snores, RERA and flow limitations, that the minimum pressure needs to be increased. A good guideline for a MINIMUM pressure is to set it equal to the current Median pressure. It will likely need to go higher in a second or third adjustment. For example, if your pressure range is 6-20 and the median pressure is 9.0 with a 95% pressure of 11.0, it is safe to assume your minimum pressure should be 9.0 and may end up being closer to 10 or 11 by the time it is all said and done. The exception to this is if a significant portion of events are CA. Post a chart and we'll help out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum,

Please read the organization link in my signature and then post (attach) your daily charts. There is a link to explain attaching also.
I am certain that your settings require optimization and we can help with that with either solid advice or talking points for your medical team. The charts are the data that lets us do that.

If you don't already have them get copies of your Sleep Studies. FULL copies including charts, not just the summaries. These are for your records and may eliminate the need for a future sleep study. Also a copy of your Prescription, that will allow you to get masks or a new machine from anywhere.

It is always helpful to post a full copy of your sleep study so we can see the background of your apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a copy of my initial sleep study.  I'll post new data later tonight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything in your sleep study point to obstructive sleep apnea which should respond well to the APAP treatment at the right pressure. We can see on the detailed flow rates that you experience a lot of flow limitation that contributes to hypopnea, as well as complete obstructive apnea. In addition to a severe AHI, your oxygen desaturation is very serious, so this therapy is going to be very important to your long-term health. I would rather see you on the Resmed Autoset due to its faster response, but we can get the Dreamstation dialed in. It will just take higher minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 5 398 03-14-2024, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 206 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,956 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 314 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.