Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Can I get help understanding my OSCAR charts
New User - Can I get help understanding my OSCAR charts
Hello,

I am new to the forum. This is the first time I look at the data from my Dreamstation device using OSCAR. I don't understand the output and I would appreciate it if someone helps me with optimizing my device setting based on this data and let me know what to look for moving forward to determine if things are improving. 

I included a screenshot from 3 different days. Let me know if any other specific screenshots are required. 

Thanks a lot. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - Can I get help understanding my OSCAR charts
hkhalifa, welcome to Apnea Board. Your CPAP is set nearly wide-open with 5-20 pressure with A-Flex at 2, and you are experiencing relatively poor results with clusters of obstructive events through the night. Your minimum pressure needs to be increased, and I'm looking at 8.0 as a good minimum. This alone should make a significant improvement. Your events are clustered, so I'm going to ask you to read the positional apnea and soft cervical collar wikis. I think we can wait to see if the increased pressure resolves the events, but it appears that you should be aware of chin-tucking and avoid using multiple pillows or a lot of elevation under your head that might be contributing to it.
Positional apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - Can I get help understanding my OSCAR charts
Thanks for the feedback. 

I will increase the Min to 8 and monitor if this will help.

I read the wiki pages shared. I did the chin test, and it seems that the collar might help my case. I will purchase one and test it out and update the thread with the progress. 

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.