Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Oximeter software
[split] Oximeter software
(04-04-2016, 06:24 PM)archangle Wrote: Amazon has the CMS-50D+ for $36 right now. The 50D+ does record.

Be sure to get the PLUS on the end. The CMS-50D does NOT record.

Thanks for the heads up, I have ordered one and it will be here Wednesday, I expect it will mostly go unused like everyone else with one has said, but it will be interesting to see what is going on for a few days or weeks anyway.

I believe this is also the model that Sleepyhead will import from?

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter $19.95
Yes. the CMS50D+ data can be imported into SleepyHead. I have one and like it fine.

I will add that it only stores one session. Starting a new session wipes the previous one so import to save before starting a new session.

The instruction that come with it take a little effort to glean out the basics but it's pretty simple once you stumble through the translated text.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I just bought one last week, also from Amazon. It came with a program called spO2 Assistant on a mini DVD disk (for Windows).

I almost didn't load the program because I didn't think I would use it, but I did decide to install it and discovered that the installer software also installed the drivers needed for the USB-to-serial cable that is used to transfer data from the oximeter to your computer. That saved some time.

The oximeter itself is bulky and uncomfortable, but I just wanted to check my O2 sats for a couple of nights to be sure they're okay now that I'm using CPAP. I'm still feeling very tired most mornings so I thought it wouldn't hurt to take a look at my O2 levels overnight.

I haven't done that yet because I haven't been in the mood to have the oximeter on my finger all night.

In spite of the oximeter being bulky, for $36, I can't say I'm disappointed in it. It seems to work fine.

(04-04-2016, 07:50 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 06:24 PM)archangle Wrote: Amazon has the CMS-50D+ for $36 right now. The 50D+ does record.

Be sure to get the PLUS on the end. The CMS-50D does NOT record.

Thanks for the heads up, I have ordered one and it will be here Wednesday, I expect it will mostly go unused like everyone else with one has said, but it will be interesting to see what is going on for a few days or weeks anyway.

I believe this is also the model that Sleepyhead will import from?

Frank

Post Reply Post Reply
Hope those drivers are available online, I will have to look. I am sure I have a DVD drive here someplace but I haven't used it in ages. Also, while I can boot into Windows, I prefer to stay in OS X, so I may have to write my own drivers any way, oh well, part of the fun of using a Mac Smile
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank - The Mac drivers can be found at the SIL site. Google 'Mac Drivers CP2101' - that should find it. Or dig through the possibly related threads below.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2016, 11:18 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Frank - The Mac drivers can be found at the SIL site. Google 'Mac Drivers CP2101' - that should find it. Or dig through the possibly related threads below.

Thanks, installed now to wait until Wednesday when it is here to see if it works. I am actually running a Hackintosh and not a Mac, but so far I have not found anything that doesn't work in the past 4 years, so it should be okay.

I even do development on this box, very fast home brew Smile

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Might be slightly out-dated due to changes in SleepyHead but the basics will be the same.

If there are major differences, please let me know in a PM and I will update it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2016, 11:18 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Frank - The Mac drivers can be found at the SIL site. Google 'Mac Drivers CP2101' - that should find it. Or dig through the possibly related threads below.

Okay, hack still hasn't failed me, the CP210x installed and works fine I was a bit worried at first because it doesn't show up in the device list in the USB of the System Report until the CMS50D+ is plugged in, so at first I thought it was not actually installing correctly.

The CMS50D+ came in and works fine. Importing into SH 1.0 works, however the plot seems to be missing it's vertical lines? Is that normal or should I report a bug?
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Oximeter software
Hmm, second day importing into SH and now the vertical lines seem to be okay, so it is 100%. Nicely integrated also - kudos to Sleepyhead author.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,208 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 149 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.