Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night was awesome!
First night was awesome!
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you on this forum. I had my first night as a "hosehead" and I think it went well. AHI was 2.7. Thanks to you guys, i insisted on getting the S9auto, asked for the quattro ffm, and got the climateline tubing and the humidifier.

I hacked into the settings and changed it to Auto right after the dme rep left. Turns out to have been a good move, the median setting used was higher then the suggested cpap setting.

I cleaned my gear and am waiting to see what tonight brings. I looked at my data. Resmed noting a higher number of central apneas vs obstructions, still, i felt better this morning.

Thanks so much for all the education. Much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night was awesome!
Well-done Glad to hear that you got the equipment you wanted and that you had a good first night. Welcome to the hosehead club. May all your future nights be better than the one before!
Post Reply Post Reply
Central apneas are common when first using the machine, especially at higher pressures. If you continue to see them, you may want to turn the top number down a few notches for a week or so then slowly increase it.

And I am glad the machine is working out for you. Welcome to the HoseHead Club!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2012, 08:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Central apneas are common when first using the machine, especially at higher pressures. If you continue to see them, you may want to turn the top number down a few notches for a week or so then slowly increase it.

And I am glad the machine is working out for you. Welcome to the HoseHead Club!

Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, do you live in Arizona? I was in Phoenix a few years ago, in June. The daytime temp hovered around 113. I don't care if it is a dry heat. When it is hot enough to boil your eyeballs, it doesn't matter!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2012, 08:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: By the way, do you live in Arizona? I was in Phoenix a few years ago, in June. The daytime temp hovered around 113. I don't care if it is a dry heat. When it is hot enough to boil your eyeballs, it doesn't matter!

Yes, I am in Arizona, and you are right! Hilarious! You know its bad when you have to run an "aerator" to cool off the swimming pool... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on a good night's sleep! Great that you held out for what you wanted. One thing confuses me "When the DME left"? They make house calls? Dang I need new insurance! LOL!
You know off topic but pertinent to the conversation, we were visiting my Sister-in-law and her husband many years ago in June....in Phoenix (Glendale actually). I had left my pillow in the van. At 11:00 we were finally talked out and decided it was time for bed. I was in shorts and a tee shirt. I went out to the van to get my pillow. I burned my feet at 11:00 at night! And for those of you thinking "so what, I've touched the coffee cup coming out of the microwave before and burned myself" you have no clue. Second degree burns! I couldn't wear shoes for any length of time for many days! I thought East San Diego County got hot at 120 from time to time! Holy Cow! (cleaned that up nice) I don't know how ya'll do it!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, my dme sent an RT to my house with my new equipment, and gave me the run down, fitted the mask. I was surprised also!

You were describing the worst time of year here...it is awful when you go outside at 3am and it is still well over 100 degrees. The trick is to just hide in the airconditioning. During the day i am grateful for the shade from a light pole when parking the car Smile

I am almost 2 weeks in now with my cpap. Highest AHi was 3.6. Central apneas decreased when i lowered the upper range of my pressure, as suggested! I also found that i hold my breath when flipping over, not sure why, but stopped doing that too.

I get a little disgusted when i drool in my face mask though...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.