Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Help Please
RE: New User Help Please
Immortal, the latest results show all events are obstructive in the latest screenshot. Your pressure starts very low at 4.5 and seems to reach 8.0 quickly. This rapid and frequent change in pressure is disruptive, so I think you need to consider a higher minimum pressure. Turning Flex off appears to have helped your central events, but now we need to find a more comfortable and effective range. I think we need a minimum pressure of 8.0 to keep your airway open and to avoid the many pressure changes. You can keep the maximum pressure unchanged for now.

I would like to see a zoomed view of your flow rate charts. We will ask for a 2-minute long segment so we can see the individual respiration wave. I suspect we will see flow limitation, but let's take a look and see what the closeup reveals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I responded from my phone and I don't see my post.

My thoughts were to take it up in steps, initially to 6, seeing a definite 7 with a very good possibility of going higher. This is because all your obstructive events are not being adequately managed (hypopneas, flow limits, are your RERAs enabled? and even to a lesser degree, apneas. SR and I are on the same track, I'm just a bit slower getting there this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Bonjour,

I wanted to show you my latest results using the new ASV machine that you thought I might need. Looking forward to all comments.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is an amazing difference from previous results, and the pressure support stays quite high over long periods. Whether this is related to central or obstructive events is not particularly important, the events have resolved. The height of the flow chart from 20:20 to 20:40 seems excessive, and the machine might actually be applying too much pressure support there.

It would be helpful if you would minimize the monthly calendar and pie chart so we can see more of the respiratory statistics and settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,
Thanks for the response. Please find enclosed a new shot with some changes, I was not able to lose the pie chart for some reason, I am on a Mac maybe thats if if not please tell me how it can be done. I still have no idea what these hypopneas are caused from ? I travel for a living and fly sometimes 2 times a day and that reeks havoc with my sinus and does not help at all. As I am a mouth breather that also does not help when my nose is blocked. I do wake up several times a night from dry mouth and tons of pressure from occasional leaks. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Your median tidal volume is now at 740 which is pretty high, and respiration rate is relatively low at 9.2 bpm, and minute vent is normal at 7.4 L/min. Your early charts had a respiration rate of 11-12, but Vt and Mv were lower. Clearly your current results are far better in terms of AHI.

It's not clear what your settings are, but it looks like EPAP 5 to 15 and PS 5 to 20, and you are using Ramp starting at 4.0 with PS 5.. How did you arrive at this? At 20:40, your EPAP has dropped back to about 6, and PS is about 18 or 19 on every breath. Have you tried PS max of 15:
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Immortal Wrote:Please find enclosed a new shot with some changes, I was not able to lose the pie chart for some reason, I am on a Mac maybe thats if if not please tell me how it can be done.

Hi Immortal. To turn off the pie chart, in Oscar go to menu File | Preferences. In the Preferences window, go to the Appearance tab and uncheck Show event breakdown pie chart. All the details are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

Thanks again for the response. Here back in response to your last question 

"It's not clear what your settings are, but it looks like EPAP 5 to 15 and PS 5 to 20, and you are using Ramp starting at 4.0 with PS 5.. How did you arrive at this?

This is a brand new machine and it is my first week of use. These are the settings from the last study that allowed me to move up to the asv machine from the old cpap. 

At 20:40, your EPAP has dropped back to about 6, and PS is about 18 or 19 on every breath. Have you tried PS max of 15:"

I am working with a great and practical Doctor and he asked me to used these settings until my next appointment. He is not at all opposed to my changing of settings ( but requested that I wait until we have enough real world data as my last test did not provide quite enough info) as evidenced by my showing him stats which brought me to this machine. I can get into the machine and get more specific info later on just let me know what you would like me to provide. In the meantime please see last nights stats. Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 04:05 AM)Immortal Wrote: Hello Sleeprider,

Thanks again for the response. Here back in response to your last question 

"It's not clear what your settings are, but it looks like EPAP 5 to 15 and PS 5 to 20, and you are using Ramp starting at 4.0 with PS 5.. How did you arrive at this?

This is a brand new machine and it is my first week of use. These are the settings from the last study that allowed me to move up to the asv machine from the old cpap. 

At 20:40, your EPAP has dropped back to about 6, and PS is about 18 or 19 on every breath. Have you tried PS max of 15:"

I am working with a great and practical Doctor and he asked me to used these settings until my next appointment. He is not at all opposed to my changing of settings ( but requested that I wait until we have enough real world data as my last test did not provide quite enough info) as evidenced by my showing him stats which brought me to this machine. I can get into the machine and get more specific info later on just let me know what you would like me to provide. In the meantime please see last nights stats. Thanks again

Based on these screen shots your only getting events during Ramp.

As ramp is considered a comfort feature turning off of the ramp would be my advice to you and will not affect the settings recommendations by your dr
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Jaswilliams on his suggestion to turn off ramp. I think this new graph reflects you are adapting to the ASV and the pressure swings look far more normal and statistics like tidal volume have normalized. In fact as JW suggested, the only events seem to be during ramp.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,159 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.