Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Help Please
RE: New User Help Please
Thank you for your comments, especially about the ability to test masks greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments, I have been reading up on the chin tucking and will work on that tonight and the next few nights as you suggest, I have ordered a soft collar and should have the on hand first of the week. please find enclosed last nights chart.

Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried your suggestion by putting a pillow under my chin please see last nights chart.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Bonjour,

Here is last nights screenshot, using a soft cervical collar. I have a doctors appt. today, it would be great to have some thoughts on this latest and what seems greatest development. Thanks 

Post Reply Post Reply
The cervical collar appears to have helped but I still see some clustering. I use a cervical collar, and although it shouldn't be uncomfortably tight, it needs to be tight enough so your chin can't tuck down behind it. I always have to check that. Too loose a fir could explain the clustering we still see. Based on your current charts I would suggest increasing your min pressure to 6 and turning flex back on. I know that's contrary to the previous advice since you earlier study indicated complex apnea. Now you seem to have no issue with centrals. It may be they will return. If so go back to your current settings. I'll admit your history is a little confusing. It may because of the inconsistent nature of complex apnea. I will admit that I don't have the expertise of Bonjour and Sleeprider in dealing with complex apnea but didn't want you to feel ignored. I think what I'n suggesting is worth a try. If it appears the collar fit is too loose, you may want to fix that and see what happens before changing pressure settings.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Immortal - I just skimmed though this thread and didn't see if you stated your sleeping position. I'm guessing that you are a back sleeper. If so, try sleeping on your side. Since your events are predominately Hypopneas, changing your position may clear these up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Melmamn,

Please see my response below your comments and Thanks ! 

If it appears the collar fit is too loose, you may want to fix that and see what happens before changing pressure settings.

I will refit the collar and try it tonight .

Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson Nape,

Thank you I will try tighten the collar tonight and yes I am a back sleeper. I tried to sleep on my side before but it seems not to work  for me wearing a full face mask. If you have a suggestion of a mask that works well in that position I would appreciate it. 

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
While the mask might be a problem, your pillow could be the problem. Most pillows have a "compressibility" that allows your head to sink into the pillow but the other area doesn't. This can lead to the pillow wanting to push your mask off when you're on your side. The pillow I use, as well as many others here, is a buckwheat pillow. It doesn't compress like a normal pillow and allows you to shape it for the best support. If you're interested, try searching for a buckwheat pillow. There are several brands out there.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll second the recommendation for the buckwheat chaff pillow. I have the firm fitme pilllow available from amazon for $60. At first you will think your sleeping on a sack of gravel but once it's adjusted to your needs it's very comfortable. I mold a slight concave spot for my head with a ridge to support my neck. I sleep on my side and the pillow supports my neck, prevents my head from sinking in deeper, and prevents my head from moving around. Once I got the depression formed properly it did not interfere with my mask and it holds it's shape. I'm sure there are other good ones out there but this one has worked great for me.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,152 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.