Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Help Please
RE: New User Help Please
Thanks to both of you, I will turn it off tonight and get back to you both tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider, 

I turned off Ramp as suggested and I stepped up to a 3.5 inch collar, which I think has been an improvement from the 3.0 I was using. Here is this mornings results.

Thanks again to all.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is exceptional! Another success story in the books. Your flow rate is even and well supported through the night, leaks are GONE! AHI is very very good and this is probably what comfort feels like in spite of the relatively high activity of the ASV to interdict events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider and everyone else, any success I have had is due to my good luck in finding this forum. I also have to credit my doctor for being open minded, he even showed my screen shots to the insurance company to support the need to move to an ASV machine. I am still working on finding a full face mask that will  not destroy my face. I wake up with large red marks and lines as a result of the necessary pressure. I am not complaining my stats continue to be great and I feel better. But any thoughts on the mask situation would help. Additionally I did try the Bleep and with my necessary pressures it did not work for me. Right now I am using the F&S simplus which does seal pretty well but with after marks........

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I still don't know how you managed to get into an ASV machine so quickly. When this thread started you were failing miserably at treating "mild" obstructive apnea. Your sleep studies showed a likely case for complex apnea, and a heavy mix of positional apnea. Then in the middle of September you suddenly have ASV and amazing things start to happen. Congrats on the very good results, but be sure to let us know how you got ASV approval so fast. Your doctor is to be commended for being open-minded and supportive. We too often see just the opposite in this forum, and your case is very refreshing. The good ones are out there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I simply went into the doctors office with my stats and told him that with what I had experienced with CPAP (showing those results) with virtually no change with the prescription from the DME then my intervention with various settings. I told him that it was suggested to me that an ASV machine was most likely necessary. (please bear in mind before I joined the forum, I had been on CPAP since May of this year.) He said we should do another sleep study with ASV then from that most recent study, he agreed it was a logical step to try ASV so here we are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a very good doctor. Don't hesitate to drop names of the practice and sleep clinic, just no links. Word-of-mouth is the best recommendation out there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
That's super to have a doctor who cares about the patient, and will listen! Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,110 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,159 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.