Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Mouth full of air
I think the answer is going to be "it takes time to get used to a CPAP", but...

I finally got my S9 AutoSet (Nice!) on Saturday, fired it up Saturday night looking forward to how great I felt after my titration. Woke up Sunday morning feeling "eh", with vague recollections of my mouth (closed) filling up with air over and over again. Same thing happened last night.

I was titrated using a nasal mask, but my doc switched me over to nasal pillows because the mask was really tugging on my moustache. In both cases I wore a chin strap. Is this a matter of getting used to the brick and not fighting it? Should I think about a full face mask? Right now the machine is set in auto mode with a pressure range of 4-20. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi wintermute,
Your right, it does take some time to get used to CPAP therapy but hang in there for suggestions to help you along.
Edit: I forgot to mention that you might consider trying a chinstrap along with your pillows, that might help you keep your mouth closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the nasal mask during my sleep study and started with that at home. I had the same problem you did - as well as breathing through my mouth while I slept and having air escape. I have a Resmed mask and switched to the full face Quattro FX within the first 30 days. For me, that has solved my problem. No more back pressure through my mouth. I hope you find a good solution.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] But I'm a MOUTH BREATHER! tuctboh 19 495 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  New P10 user - getting assimilated Newbee2016 28 1,066 Yesterday, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  New dreamstation apap user feeling fatigue richac 22 479 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: richac
  New User with Problems Colin8 10 366 03-14-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  New user sleepyhead help markndurham 5 145 03-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: markndurham
  Swallowing air an taping mouth Justbreath 10 235 03-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Pressure] New DreamStation user w DreamWear nasal mask Traveller999 13 320 03-12-2018, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Traveller999