Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: AirFit F10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 14-18
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Grin New User/My Experience! :)
Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!
I am 25 years old, and I've snored for as long as I can remember. Starting about 3 years ago, I started having episodes of waking in the middle of the night gasping for air. Since then it progressed and got much worse. Over the past 4-5 months I started having symptoms of oxygen deprivation at night. I would wake up with head-splitting migraines, which would go away within minutes of waking up and taking deep breaths. Also, within the past month I would wake up with the migraines on top of my body temperature being very low, uncontrollable shivering, ect.
I had my sleep study done about a month ago, and the doctor found that I stopped breathing over 110 times per hour, and my oxygen dropped to 47%, which is very scary to me! On any typical night, I would wake up AT LEAST once per hour, if not more.
I got my cpap [ResMed AutoSense 10 with full face mask, pressure 14-18] 2 nights ago, and as soon as I put it on the first night, I slept very soundly for 4 hours, and woke up because I pulled a muscle in my arm for laying in one spot for too long (lol). Then went back to sleep and slept through my alarm until my husband woke me up at 7:30. Last night, I went to sleep and didn't wake up once all night. It's been absolutely amazing. I feel like a whole new person. I don't know if I could have made it much longer without this!
I looked on the ResMed Myair website and my sleep score for last night was 83/100. I only had 0.6 episodes/hour.
Overall very happy and excited!!
05-22-2015 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

RE: New User/My Experience! :)
jesshayss,
Welcome to the forum. I'm so happy for you! It's good that you have been diagnosed at a young age. A lot of us here, including myself, went 10, 15 or more years before being diagnosed not knowing what was wrong.

Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing how your progress.
Smile

OpalRose
05-22-2015 04:09 PM
La Zona Offline

Members

Machine: Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto
CPAP Pressure: 8 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(05-22-2015 03:48 PM)jesshayss Wrote:  Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!
I am 25 years old, and I've snored for as long as I can remember. Starting about 3 years ago, I started having episodes of waking in the middle of the night gasping for air. Since then it progressed and got much worse. Over the past 4-5 months I started having symptoms of oxygen deprivation at night. I would wake up with head-splitting migraines, which would go away within minutes of waking up and taking deep breaths. Also, within the past month I would wake up with the migraines on top of my body temperature being very low, uncontrollable shivering, ect.
I had my sleep study done about a month ago, and the doctor found that I stopped breathing over 110 times per hour, and my oxygen dropped to 47%, which is very scary to me! On any typical night, I would wake up AT LEAST once per hour, if not more.
I got my cpap [ResMed AutoSense 10 with full face mask, pressure 14-18] 2 nights ago, and as soon as I put it on the first night, I slept very soundly for 4 hours, and woke up because I pulled a muscle in my arm for laying in one spot for too long (lol). Then went back to sleep and slept through my alarm until my husband woke me up at 7:30. Last night, I went to sleep and didn't wake up once all night. It's been absolutely amazing. I feel like a whole new person. I don't know if I could have made it much longer without this!
I looked on the ResMed Myair website and my sleep score for last night was 83/100. I only had 0.6 episodes/hour.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in a similar situation experiencing thing like that since I was 25. Except I never got diagnosed until this year, and I am 40 now. It's such a great thing to have good sleep!
05-22-2015 04:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Hi jesshayss,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses and much success to you.

trish6hundred
05-22-2015 09:08 PM
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

That's great Jess!!

Now download sleepyhead and learn to read your data. In a week or so look at your stats and we can help you tweak things a bit if needed. But it sounds like you are doing great!
05-22-2015 09:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JVinNE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV Bilevel
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus aka Facedigger
Humidifier: HumidAirâ„¢ with climate line
CPAP Pressure: Min EPAP 5 Max IPAP 13 PS 1-2

Other Comments: New, ASV Barbie, now with morning fart action.

(05-22-2015 04:23 PM)La Zona Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 03:48 PM)jesshayss Wrote:  Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in a similar situation experiencing thing like that since I was 25. Except I never got diagnosed until this year, and I am 40 now. It's such a great thing to have good sleep!

La Zona, this is off topic, but does your F&P full face mask leak quite a bit?
05-23-2015 08:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,257 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  New User! SKClay 3 247 11-21-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  new user wants advice Gazz 3 220 11-19-2016 11:06 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,951 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 618 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  New User Having Trouble Staying Asleep and more SnoreGalore 7 423 11-09-2016 06:26 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  New CPAP User Knightro82 5 315 11-06-2016 08:27 AM
Last Post: Snuffy1717