Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User/My Experience! :)
Grin 
New User/My Experience! :)
Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!
I am 25 years old, and I've snored for as long as I can remember. Starting about 3 years ago, I started having episodes of waking in the middle of the night gasping for air. Since then it progressed and got much worse. Over the past 4-5 months I started having symptoms of oxygen deprivation at night. I would wake up with head-splitting migraines, which would go away within minutes of waking up and taking deep breaths. Also, within the past month I would wake up with the migraines on top of my body temperature being very low, uncontrollable shivering, ect.
I had my sleep study done about a month ago, and the doctor found that I stopped breathing over 110 times per hour, and my oxygen dropped to 47%, which is very scary to me! On any typical night, I would wake up AT LEAST once per hour, if not more.
I got my cpap [ResMed AutoSense 10 with full face mask, pressure 14-18] 2 nights ago, and as soon as I put it on the first night, I slept very soundly for 4 hours, and woke up because I pulled a muscle in my arm for laying in one spot for too long (lol). Then went back to sleep and slept through my alarm until my husband woke me up at 7:30. Last night, I went to sleep and didn't wake up once all night. It's been absolutely amazing. I feel like a whole new person. I don't know if I could have made it much longer without this!
I looked on the ResMed Myair website and my sleep score for last night was 83/100. I only had 0.6 episodes/hour.
Overall very happy and excited!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User/My Experience! :)
jesshayss,
Welcome to the forum. I'm so happy for you! It's good that you have been diagnosed at a young age. A lot of us here, including myself, went 10, 15 or more years before being diagnosed not knowing what was wrong.

Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing how your progress.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 03:48 PM)jesshayss Wrote: Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!
I am 25 years old, and I've snored for as long as I can remember. Starting about 3 years ago, I started having episodes of waking in the middle of the night gasping for air. Since then it progressed and got much worse. Over the past 4-5 months I started having symptoms of oxygen deprivation at night. I would wake up with head-splitting migraines, which would go away within minutes of waking up and taking deep breaths. Also, within the past month I would wake up with the migraines on top of my body temperature being very low, uncontrollable shivering, ect.
I had my sleep study done about a month ago, and the doctor found that I stopped breathing over 110 times per hour, and my oxygen dropped to 47%, which is very scary to me! On any typical night, I would wake up AT LEAST once per hour, if not more.
I got my cpap [ResMed AutoSense 10 with full face mask, pressure 14-18] 2 nights ago, and as soon as I put it on the first night, I slept very soundly for 4 hours, and woke up because I pulled a muscle in my arm for laying in one spot for too long (lol). Then went back to sleep and slept through my alarm until my husband woke me up at 7:30. Last night, I went to sleep and didn't wake up once all night. It's been absolutely amazing. I feel like a whole new person. I don't know if I could have made it much longer without this!
I looked on the ResMed Myair website and my sleep score for last night was 83/100. I only had 0.6 episodes/hour.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in a similar situation experiencing thing like that since I was 25. Except I never got diagnosed until this year, and I am 40 now. It's such a great thing to have good sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jesshayss,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great Jess!!

Now download sleepyhead and learn to read your data. In a week or so look at your stats and we can help you tweak things a bit if needed. But it sounds like you are doing great!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 04:23 PM)La Zona Wrote:
(05-22-2015, 03:48 PM)jesshayss Wrote: Hi, I just wanted to take the time to post my experience so far on my therapy!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was in a similar situation experiencing thing like that since I was 25. Except I never got diagnosed until this year, and I am 40 now. It's such a great thing to have good sleep!

La Zona, this is off topic, but does your F&P full face mask leak quite a bit?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 542 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,446 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Somnics iNAP experience after 1 week joshielevy 12 5,338 07-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 511 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Those of you who experience Hypopneas and not Apneas, what were your symptoms and how jz68 5 1,011 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.