Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Needs Mask Advice
New User Needs Mask Advice
Two week user w. ResMed AirFit F10 full face mask. Leaving nasty mark on nose. When I make strap adjustment, get air leakage. Still have two weeks to return mask to DME supplier. Any recommendations on mask alternatives?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User Needs Mask Advice
is your leaking within the normal and acceptable range? is it possible that you are a mouth breather? if that is a possibility, you could try a chin strap and/or pillow liners if there is such a thing.

each of us are different so mask choice is very individual about what will work. I could not ever get good results from a ffm but then I went to wisp and it has been a great mask. however, there are a lot that have very successful results from using a ffm and those that have a terrible time with nasal masks and pillows.

I am sure that others that have experience using that mask and/or pillows will have more suggestions for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dars,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Masks are such an individual thing, what works for me may not work for you.
It's trial and error but you could try pillows, such as the AirFit P10. Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your mask decision and your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear your F10 is giving you problems. Leaving marks is generally an issue with the mask being too tight, or bottom straps too loose with the top straps trying to overcome it.

But in regards to another mask, I always go to the P10. I used a nasal mask, then a full face, before I discovered the pillows mask. I of course, like everyone else on the planet it seems, just knew I could not use a pillows mask because after all, "I am a mouth breather..........." But I found I can use it, it does keep my sinuses open all night, and is a very comfortable ride.
Post Reply Post Reply
Google the "Resmed mirage quattro" and take a look at it.
It's a full face with a forehead pad; and an adjustable top of mask to nose bridge (by turning a knob.)

The mask is the key to becoming comfortable with CPAP.
We are all built different; and what works for one person may not for another.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2014, 08:29 AM)dars Wrote: Any recommendations on mask alternatives?
ResMed Quattro Air and F&P Simplus

I've tried them both and the F10, I liked Quattro Air better but only as a backup mask ... everyone is different

Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Simplus before I changed to the F10. The Simplus forehead pad reduces the pressure on the bridge of the nose so it might help. The trade-off is the reduced contact with the bridge of the nose might invite some little leaks into the eyes. You have to try it to find out. As someone said, everyone's face (except r_g's) is a different shape. That's how we recognize each other.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the nasal pillow masks, had a gel pro and now the P10, I like the P10 a lot.

I'm surprised RG let it go at everyone is different, because he usually has the whole everyone is different but he is the same, and so everyone is the same except he is different, or some such thing like that..... He'll be back to correct me I'm sure Smile
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 291 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.