Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, Oscar review please
RE: New User, Oscar review please
(07-01-2020, 05:41 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Page 6 of the F30 User's Guide states, "Technical specifications: Mask setting options for AirSense or AirCurve: Select ‘Full Face".

Thanks for the confirmation CN! Also, thanks for the reminder that I have the darn guide in the other room Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning!

Attached is last nights data. I definitely struggled less with the mask last night and I woke up feeling well rested for the first time in a while. My AHI was 1.99, down from the prior nights 3.5. I purposefully went to bed early last night and fell asleep the fastest I have since starting the therapy last week.

Does anyone see anything I should be aware of? Should I leave the settings alone for a while?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you are more comfortable, and this is very good progress. I think you will need a bit higher minimum pressure to keep some flow limits and events at bay, but you can take your time getting there. If you want to try higher pressure, a small step to 8.6 should help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 08:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It sounds like you are more comfortable, and this is very good progress.  I think you will need a bit higher minimum pressure to keep some flow limits and events at bay, but you can take your time getting there.  If you want to try higher pressure, a small step to 8.6 should help.

The current pressure of 8 doesn’t bother me at all. I guess the first few seconds it feels a little strange but after that it’s actually nice. 

I’ll go ahead and raise the pressure for tonight and then post again. 

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning!

I made the change to a minimum pressure of 8.6 and couldn't really tell the difference. Should I continue to raise the minimum pressure? If so, to what next?

I did try a different mask last night. It's a Resmed F30i as I was interested in having the hose on top of my head. The area around the nose is wider and more comfortable but the mask is definitely louder than the F30 I had been using so I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. If I am reading the graph correctly I had a large leak and actually took the mask off for about 45 minutes which I barely remember doing.

As always thanks for any input!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 08:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It sounds like you are more comfortable, and this is very good progress.  I think you will need a bit higher minimum pressure to keep some flow limits and events at bay, but you can take your time getting there.  If you want to try higher pressure, a small step to 8.6 should help.

Good morning Sleeprider and everyone!

I set the minimum pressure to 8.6 two nights ago. What do you think my goal minimum pressure should be? 

I feel pretty good this morning. I only took the mask off twice last night and one of those was to use the restroom. The whole setup is definitely getting easier to use. I have now been using the machine for 8 nights and had the lowest AHI (1.51) since recording full data.

Attached is last nights report. Thanks to all who have helped me so far!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Well that looks excellent, and you're feeling better. Fine adjustments in minimum pressure have really worked well for you. I would not hesitate to experiment with small changes up to 10.0 to see if it makes a difference. If not you can always get back to this. Take it slowly and make notes of your results and how you feel. If you feel the pressure is to high, then drop back to what works best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 08:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well that looks excellent, and you're feeling better.  Fine adjustments in minimum pressure have really worked well for you. I would not hesitate to experiment with small changes  up to 10.0 to see if it makes a difference. If not you can always get back to this.   Take it slowly and make notes of your results and how you feel. If you feel the pressure is to high, then drop back to what works best.

Thank you! I’ll post back how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone,

I slept until almost 9:30a and was shocked when I saw the time! That's unusual for me especially considering I went to bed at 11p. I did wake up an hour after going to bed (dinner didn't agree with my stomach) and I was actually a little concerned about not being able to get back to sleep since I felt somewhat refreshed already. Luckily, I was able to get back to sleep without any issues.

I saw someone post in another forum about wondering if the machine was running or not because the pressure seemed minimal. That happened to me too. I actually turned the screen on to verify it was working properly because breathing in and out was so effortless.

I took Sleeprider's suggestion (again) to up my minimum pressure and set it to 9.2. I think I will run it this way for a little while and then get it to 10 that was recommended. I also took the suggestion about trying to keep an eye on my sleep posture and for the last two nights I have used a CPAP 'pillow'.

After 9 nights of using the machine I had my "easiest" night so far. Thank you to Sleeprider, Bonjour and all who have commented!

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Bonjour. I have done exponentially better after turning the ramp off entirely. That and reducing my EPR to 2 have given me endless good nights and my average AHI is 0.42 events per night.

Listen to these folks, they’re amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,007 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 277 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.