Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, Oscar review please
New User, Oscar review please
Good morning everyone,

I found your forum a few days ago and have learned a lot already. Thank you!

I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea (from a home based test). I bought a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with a N30 mask. Last night was the 4th night I have used my current setup. I have struggled with dry mouth, rainout and the mask being too tight, too loose etc., but thanks to your forum I have got most of that dialed in now.

My unit did not come with an SD card but I have since added one and last night was the first night I got full data to look at in Oscar. I still find myself waking up a lot and 2 nights ago was the worst nights sleep I've had in a long time, but last night was better. Can you take a look at my info and make any recommendations you think are necessary?

Thank you very much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, Oscar review please
I should have added I am running Oscar 1.1.1.1 on a MacBook Pro running 10.15.6. Also, I feel pretty good today even though I woke up a lot last night. Certainly, better than I felt yesterday. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Min pressure should not be lower than min Pressure = 4 (machines min) + EPR (3) = 7  This allows full use of the therapeutic benefits of EPR
I'd like you to reduce your flow limits a bit, that by increasing EPR (can't) so let's bump min pressure to 8.  This will help with the few obstructive events
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input and the welcome bonjour! I will adjust my minimum pressure to 8 and try that tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait a minute, I was going to say the same thing! Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 03:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Wait a minute, I was going to say the same thing!  Good luck.

Thank you! I’ll post a new report tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question about the pressure change...

Should I only change the minimum pressure to 8 or also the start pressure under comfort too?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
At these pressures you should not need ramp. Turn Ramp off. Most here don't use ramp, I don't and Sleepriders doesnt either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 05:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: At these pressures you should not need ramp.  Turn Ramp off.  Most here don't use ramp, I don't and Sleepriders doesnt either.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait a minute! I was going to say that too.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,060 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 322 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.