Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, Oscar review please
RE: New User, Oscar review please
(07-05-2020, 09:40 AM)GeNomeZ Wrote: I saw someone post in another forum about wondering if the machine was running or not because the pressure seemed minimal. That happened to me too. I actually turned the screen on to verify it was working properly because breathing in and out was so effortless.

You can also place your hand in front of the exhalation port. If you feel air jetting out then you know the machine is on.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning,

The last couple of nights have had positives and negatives. I have switched from the Resmed F30 to a Resmed F30i for a few nights and I liked it at first.

Two nights ago I managed to keep the mask on all night, but I had trouble getting to sleep, but not really due to my APAP. I managed to get to sleep maybe an hour after going to bed. I also had my lowest AHI (1.12) to date that night. I think I had the mask too tight and my face/nose was soar the next morning. I also had strap marks on my face for at least 5 hours.

Last night the mask was bothering me and I eventually got up and switched back to the Resmed F30. I seemed to do better after that and I had an AHI of 2.16.

I didn't feel more rested and today I even feel a little worse that before I started the therapy. 

I have attached both nights info from Oscar. Does anyone have any recommendations or should I just leave everything as is and continue to get used to sleeping with this setup?

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Many people feel worse at first because the hose and mask and air are a bother and interfere with sleep. You will quickly adapt and they won't bother you any more. Then you'll start to have days where you feel better than you have in years. And as time goes by those good days will become more and more frequent.

Also, switching back and forth between different masks is something that a lot of people have to do during the adaptation phase.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 03:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Many people feel worse at first because the hose and mask and air are a bother and interfere with sleep. You will quickly adapt and they won't bother you any more. Then you'll start to have days where you feel better than you have in years. And as time goes by those good days will become more and more frequent.

Also, switching back and forth between different masks is something that a lot of people have to do during the adaptation phase.

Thanks for comments! It's good to hear...
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning all!

I'm curious to get your opinion on something. I have been trying a few different masks since starting therapy a few weeks ago. I have tried the F30, F30i and F20 (Airtouch with two different size cushions). I seem to get less events using the F30 and F30i, but they irritate my nose. The F20 is more comfortable but my AHI is higher. 

I have a deviated septum and how often have allergies so the F20 feels better. Considering the comfort level and the fact the my AHI isn't bad with the F20, would you recommend i go more with comfort and continue the F20 or worry more about keeping my AHI lower and dealing with the skin irritation and nose discomfort? I don't feel any different during the day with either.

I have attached last nights charts (with the F20 and AHI of 1.87)) and my best AHI night (.67) with the F30i.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
Since you say there's no difference in how you feel during the day, I'd go with the mask that is more comfortable, the F20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 10:44 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Since you say there's no difference in how you feel during the day, I'd go with the mask that is more comfortable, the F20.

Thank you. I don't really notice much feeling difference from before I started the APAP much less from one mask to another, but it's only been 3 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's common to take a bit of time before noticing benefits of PAP therapy. Keep at it and it'll be worth it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning all!

I slept pretty good last night and feel decent so far. Looking at my data from last night, the last couple hours (and mainly the last hour) is when I had the majority of events.

Do you think this is a positional issue?

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
If it is it is not significant enough to take action. In other words no.

Nice numbers,. How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 131 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 171 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 112 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 181 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.