Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Out Of The Shadows
RE: New User Out Of The Shadows
(04-23-2019, 08:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: Read this Justifying ASV
and this Justifying_ASV_backup_Info

Thanks Fred!  BTW, D/L OSCAR, migraded Sleepyhead data, and everything looks good.

Cowboy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi CowboyBob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish.  Fred, I've had my echo and the doc said: --While the left ventricular ejection fraction remains reduced (35%--normal is about 55%), there has been some modest improvement in the left ventricular ejection fraction (previously 25%).    No problem with fine tuning the cpap settings.

So I guess at this time, I'm ready to forged ahead. I realized that I check most of the boxes for causes of central apnea as outlined in that Mayo Clinic info you gave me.  The only other info I need update is that I've started wearing a cervical collar about 3 weeks ago.

I'm available and open to all suggestions.  Let the games begin.

Cowboy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
At LVEF <= 45%, yours is 35% and previously 25%, you are not a candidate for ASV to treat your Central Apnea.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-30-2019, 12:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: At LVEF <= 45%, yours is 35% and previously 25%, you are not a candidate for ASV to treat your Central Apnea.

I understand. I'm hoping at this point that I can tune up the pressure. I noticed that I've experienced a significant reduction in the central apenas by adding the collar. So that positional adjustment was helpful. I have also eliminated the ramp up. 

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Cowboy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User Flag #1 & #2 nadprok 15 1,086 Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] 10 yr CPAP User - Need new Equipment? RenW 5 126 Yesterday, 04:20 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  New User, My condition did not improve much phaedra 4 241 08-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Last Post: phaedra
  New User, looking for advice Blessed 4 136 08-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  new user - hello exhausted1 14 283 08-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: exhausted1
  New CPAP user SouthernSleepy 9 382 08-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SouthernSleepy
  New User Help Please Immortal 31 799 08-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.