Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Out Of The Shadows
RE: New User Out Of The Shadows
(04-23-2019, 08:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: Read this Justifying ASV
and this Justifying_ASV_backup_Info

Thanks Fred!  BTW, D/L OSCAR, migraded Sleepyhead data, and everything looks good.

Cowboy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CowboyBob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish.  Fred, I've had my echo and the doc said: --While the left ventricular ejection fraction remains reduced (35%--normal is about 55%), there has been some modest improvement in the left ventricular ejection fraction (previously 25%).    No problem with fine tuning the cpap settings.

So I guess at this time, I'm ready to forged ahead. I realized that I check most of the boxes for causes of central apnea as outlined in that Mayo Clinic info you gave me.  The only other info I need update is that I've started wearing a cervical collar about 3 weeks ago.

I'm available and open to all suggestions.  Let the games begin.

Cowboy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
At LVEF <= 45%, yours is 35% and previously 25%, you are not a candidate for ASV to treat your Central Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2019, 12:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: At LVEF <= 45%, yours is 35% and previously 25%, you are not a candidate for ASV to treat your Central Apnea.

I understand. I'm hoping at this point that I can tune up the pressure. I noticed that I've experienced a significant reduction in the central apenas by adding the collar. So that positional adjustment was helpful. I have also eliminated the ramp up. 

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Cowboy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.