Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1
RE: New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1
Drop a link to that album and let me see what I can do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, think I screwed up. I deleted the files uploaded to Imgur thinking my account there was getting too cluttered. I should say without thinking, that you could no longer access them via the Forum. Takes me a lot of mistakes to learn anything. I'll have to redo them. I'll try to get a sampling through the night instead of all.

page 1
[Image: Tm2HZkcl.jpg]

page 2
[Image: Tm2HZkcl.jpg]

page 3
[Image: kSIHq4kl.jpg]

page 6
[Image: o6mlS7gl.jpg]

page 10
[Image: nN6nEwMl.jpg]

page 17
[Image: jBeHdxbl.jpg]

Not sure if I got an "Album" successfully created ... if so it is here:
http://jmayer180.imgur.com
Post Reply Post Reply
Say, that worked out well! Page 1 was posted twice, so we are missing a summary. The hypopnea are indeed volume reductions and don't appear too bad as there is still a fair amount of air movement. Things started off pretty rough, but you have some nice quiet periods in page 6 waveform. I'm a bit perplexed by the pressure line. It shows very little response, even to CA events, where I would expect to see a significant increase in pressure to induce a breath, and similarly I don't see much response in the hypopneas or periodic breathing to even out flow. In fact pressure appears to be staying very close to 14/10 most of the night. What do the statistics say?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try to get days averages and machine setting posted ....

Settings
[Image: Y1UYGaDl.jpg]

Summary 25 Nov 16
[Image: qJWZaedl.jpg]

Where can I find some references (i.e., Idiot's Guide) to waveforms?
Post Reply Post Reply
For interpreting waveforms, follow the link in my signature to robysue's begginer guide to SleepyHead. It will work for Encore as well. My guess was correct that you are staying very close to the minimums across the board asn shown by the averages. Your 90% pressure support was 6.0. If you look on the flow line, there are a number of red hash marks that correspond to periods of hypopnea and CA events. Those are increased pressure support pulses, however, they do not appear to be increasing IPAP pressure as much as I would expect. The Resmed ASV is much more aggressive with these.

In conventional BiPAP titration, EPAP is used to resolve OA. This seems to be effectively treated based on your graphs above. Pressure support is normally increased to treat hypopnea. If your doctor is looking at what I'm seeing, he would recommend you begin to increase PS-min until the hypopnea is <5/ hour. If you choose to do this on your own, then I would change it by 1-cm increments, and wait several days between changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Vielen danke, Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 22 440 Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 201 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 278 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 172 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,387 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,723 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.