Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Request Guidance
New User - Request Guidance

Hello All,

Due to the pandemic that started last year, I opted to to try a home sleep study to help diagnose a potential sleep apnea issue. I was sent a Alice OneNight device to monitor sleep overnight and was subsequently diagnosed with sleep apnea. I've attached a summary of the report I was provided along with screen captures from OSCAR. Although I had a follow-up video conference with the physician I'm looking for additional advise as I don't feel I'm progressing with my treatment as best that I can.

I've had a couple of starts/stops with staying on track with my treatment so trying to stick with is this time around. I'm using a DreamStation Auto BPAP with Heated Humidifier for my treatment.

Appreciate any guidance that can be provided on how I may optimize my treatment.

Many Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - Request Guidance
Wanted to follow up with the machine setting that were truncated from the screen captures I attached earlier.

Machine Settings

Mode: AutoBiLevel
Min EPAP: 6.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP: 25.00 cmH2O
PS Min: 4.00 cmH2O
PS Max: 8.00 cmH2O
Auto Off: Off
Auto On: On
Flex Level: 3
Flex Lock: Off
Flex Mode: Bi-Flex
Hose Diam.: 15mm
Humid. Lvl: 2
Humid. Mode: Heated Tube
Humidifier: Connected
Mask Res. Lock: Off
Mask Resist.: 1
Ramp Pressure: 6.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time: 30.00 Minutes
Ramp Type: SmartRamp
Show AHI: On
Tube Lock: Off
Tube Temp.: 2
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of centrals and occasional OA, FL and H. I think you are a candidate for nearly fixed pressure and you need to dial down the Flex. My impression is you should be at BiPAP auto, EPAP min 8.0, EPAP max 9.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 4.0 Max pressure 13.0. Looking to reduce CA first, then see what is needed for the other events. You might just set PS to 4.0 min and max. It's clear that CA is related to higher PS in your charts. Flex 1 or 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the quick response! I'll dial in these settings for a few nights and see how things go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Based upon the prior response I made a few changes to the settings. I've been using these settings for the past 5 nights. Appreciate assistance with review and feedback based upon the attached OSCAR screen captures from the last two nights.  Many thanks!

Machine Settings

Mode AutoBiLevel
Min EPAP 8.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP 13.00 cmH2O
PS Minm4.00 cmH2O
PS Max 4.00 cmH2O
Auto Off Off
Auto On On
Flex Level 1 
Flex Lock Off
Flex Mode Bi-Flex
Hose Diam. 15mm
Humid. Lvl 2 
Humid. Mode Heated Tube
Humidifier Connected
Mask Res. Lock Off
Mask Resist. 1 
Ramp Time 0.00 Minutes
Ramp Type SmartRamp
Show AHI On
Tube Lock Off
Tube Temp. 2 

Post Reply Post Reply
Well we got the AHI down by 50% plus, but I'm thinking to reduce your PS to 3.5. What do you think?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I was happy to see the results of the recommended changes. Appreciate your continued guidance here as I’m a bit out of my element.

I’ll reduce the PS to 3.5 and give it a few nights to see how things look.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,183 8 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 132 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 167 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.