Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User/ResMed S9 Adapt
New User/ResMed S9 Adapt
Hi Everyone - Just finished two sleep studies and I have CSA and was described as having severe apnea. Waiting for my new machine. I am going to receive a ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt with ASV which I believe is the top of the line machine and can treat the most severs cases. Hopefully I will have the system by the weekend. I am a mouth breather so I am getting the HSI with climate control heated hose. Any tips, helpful hints or comments from users of this machine would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User/ResMed S9 Adapt
Hi tecwerks,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

Tip #1 - Request the Clinician Manual from this site. It will have instructions on settings options that most DME's (Durable Medical Equipment) providers don't even let you know exist. I hope you're the exception and get great support from your DME and doctors.

Tip #2 - Get the instructions to download ResScan software from this site. You can download an incredible amount of information from the ASV. Most of it may not be of interest, but the basic statistics on AHI (Apnea - Hypopnea Index), unintentional leak rate, and usage are key management information.

Tip #3 - Keep coming back to this forum and asking questions. The ASV is about the most robust of apnea treatments, but it has many commonalities with any of the xPAP flavors. There are people here that can help with the many questions you're going to have.

We at least listen and you know you have a group who have dealt with the same thing.

Let us know! Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info and yes I will more than likely have more questions as I need to learn all the acronyms and what all the data means to me. I am going to try and get the overnight test report as well as the prescription with the settings for setup. So far the Sleep Center I went to is asleep behind the wheel so to speak. I may not even get my S9 Adapt until next week because the doctor is at a conference and the techs are waiting for the settings from him. I am anxious to get the S9 and put it to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure to followup with your sleep doctor, when comes to ASV machines, not many people use them

I find the ClimateLine (heated hose) extremely useful, here are some link might find helpful
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Best of luck on your journey
Post Reply Post Reply
If you breathe through your mouth at night, a humidifier isn't what you need. Without either a chin strap or a full face mask, that moist air is just going right out your mouth and not helping you at all.

A full face mask covers both the nose and the mouth. A total full face mask covers the entire face. A chin strap helps keep your mouth closed at night. It should be tight enough your mouth does not open on its own but loose enough you could chew.

To add to JD's #2 suggestion, also try out SleepyHead. I used both for a while to determine which one I liked best.

The doc didn't note in your file what pressure to use? Not a good sign.

Other suggestions:
check out the wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home
especially the wiki abbreviations/acronyms http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2013, 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you breathe through your mouth at night, a humidifier isn't what you need. Without either a chin strap or a full face mask, that moist air is just going right out your mouth and not helping you at all.

Just to be clear, you need the humidifier, mouth breather or not. I think Paula is pointing out that the humidifier won't fix your mouth leaks and you'll need a chin strap or a full face mask.

Post here if you have problems and someone may be able to help.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thanks for clarifying, Archangle. Big Grin
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 447 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] User interface nightmare - Resmed Airsense 10 edsela 4 621 09-15-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: edsela
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.