Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User Seeking Advice - Thanks!
RE: New User Seeking Advice - Thanks!
You have a PR machine which is slower to respond, it does a great job, it just responds slower.  The general goal is to narrow the pressure that it needs to respond to, thus raising the minimum. Your pressure chart looks almost like a straight CPAP at 4.5 cm with Hyponeas causing your AHI to rise.  

The goal is to raise the min and greatly reduce the Hyponeas.  Take it in smaller steps if you like, but I would definitely raise it.  If 6 totally eliminated them I would back down as slowly as I could.
Post Reply Post Reply
It shouldn't hurt anything to bump it up to 6. That having been said I usually get a week or two of data between tweaks because each night can be so different.

For me, any setting below 10 feels like I'm starving for air but that may be because I've been over that for so long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bonjour - will give it a try!

WantoSleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

I seem to be making progress, but I still have high Hypopneas and some RERA. I did increase the minimum pressure to 5.0 (from 4.0) and reduced the max to 12.0 (from 15.0). I've now been using the APAP for 3 weeks. Is my 95% pressure of 6.0 and high of 6.5 normal? What does that mean?

Data attached.

Thanks!

WantoSleep

[attachment=3489]
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2017, 11:09 AM)WantoSleep Wrote: Is my 95% pressure of 6.0 and high of 6.5 normal? What does that mean?

The 95% @ 6.0cm means that your pressure was at this value or lower during 95% your sleep session. The 6.5cm is the highest pressure recorded during the same session.  P-R machines respond a little slower to the type of apneas shown on your chart.  To overcome this pressure latency I would recommend increasing your lower pressure to 6.0.

That should put you in the "Sweet Spot".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With an AHI of 2.18, you don't have a high anything!  Bumping your minimum up to 5.5 should reduce this a bit more.  You are never going to consistently get to zero, none of us do.  If you can get it under one most nights, that is doing really well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,527 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,026 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 187 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.