Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ordered ASV: Things to know?
Ordered ASV: Things to know?
I just ordered an ASV without a prescription, because my doctors are bloody dunces, and I'm wondering about things I should know about it so I can get started with it right away.

I had treatment-emergent CAs on APAP, as well as CAs in-lab. I also have >50% RERAs. 19 AHI, 2 OAI, 8 HAI, 9 CAI; 39 RDI, 19 AHI + 20 RERA-index.

My APAP settings were 5-15 cm H2O and EPR 2.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ordered ASV: Things to know?
Here is the ResMed titration page of the PDF. I'd go for ASV Auto mode and you may want to start EPAP Min at 6, 5 may be ok, but not down to 4.

[attachment=22819]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Settings are simple:
Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min: 5.0
EPAP max 15.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 15.0

We will fine-tune after first session.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 852 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 449 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 898 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try.... pezhead99 20 1,476 09-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New Sleep Apnoea test ordered. Ockrocket 11 958 07-30-2023, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Things Going Well on Paper, Symptoms Remain cpapnewbie18 1 437 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.