Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Still feel crappy
RE: New User - Still feel crappy
OK try that combo and let us know how you did.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the pressure on 8 last night, so I should keep it there and up the C-Flex to 2 right?

Will do Dave! Thanks a lot!
Funguy43

- Relatively new to CPAP -

All help is much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

I Slept on 8 pressure with 2 C-Flex for two nights along with a soft cervical collar - I've attached the oscar pictures. Also, I noticed in last nights report there was this sudden dip in flow rate? I've attached this picture as well, Im not sure what it is. I can't say that I feel any better, so I think some adjustments are necessary? My AHI is about the same as its been. 

All help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
That appears to be a big exhale I think. Why? Sorry I don't know that one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried sleeping with the backpack and staying on your sides with these new settings? If not, I would suggest that you see how that goes. I suspect you will need more pressure, but let's see how much those obstructive events are contingent on your sleep position.

About the flow-rate: it's hard to say, but it looks as though you had some flow-limited breathing that was followed by a period of arousal that included some pauses in your breathing, until you settled back down on the far right of the screenshot.

It might be useful to put a zero line in your flow-rate graph. On the far left, where it says flow rate, right click, select dotted lines, then check zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just put the line in. I'll try with the backpack tonight and see how it goes. Thanks!
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning.

I just slept with CPAP at 8 w/ 2 C-Flex and SCC while on my side. Although my AHI is a little lower, I actually feel maybe a bit more tired? I don't know, maybe the same. I've attached the oscar ss as usual. What adjustments can we make? I am assuming pressure, but I'm concerned about my CAs - they haven't gone back down. 

All help is much appreciated!

PS. I was taking a look at some of my previous days for sleep, and on May 1st, 7 pressure I had my lowest ahi - 1.8. Not sure the significance of this, but just wanted to take note of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
I just had the idea - since my ahi was lowest on pressure 7, would it be a good idea to try pressure 7 with C-Flex off?
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
Your CAs are inconsequential, but you are still having more obstructive events than would be ideal: some OAs and lots of Hs. This tells me you probably need more pressure, not less. Try sticking with 8, and staying on your sides, for a couple more days if you can hack it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll try this setup again. Will the CAs go away as I get more used to the machine?
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,012 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 806 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.