Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Still feel crappy
RE: New User - Still feel crappy
Oh ok. Would this indicate that most of the arousals are from RERAs? If so, I should ask for a BiPAP? And I am assuming this means the sleep study didn't score RERAs and just put a zero?
Funguy43

- Relatively new to CPAP -

All help is much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very small sample size.
If I had my choice I'd get a BiLevel (ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto) for everyone who needs a general-purpose CPAP or BiLevel. It Treats OSA and non-compliant OSA
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks, ill ask about that. In the meantime, is there anything you would recommend?
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
A swap to a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is going to be a lot easier sell to your doctor than a bilevel, and it will do the same thing up to 3-cm of pressure support. The bottom line is your Philips CPAP is not a very smart or flexible machine, and that really limits the options to either increasing or decreasing the dumb fixed pressure, and C-Flex is no picnic either. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is an automatically adjusting CPAP that will increase pressure when ou need it and decrease pressure when you don't, and the EPR (exhale pressure relief) is a functional bilevel that actually treats flow limits, RERA and hypopnea. Huge difference, same insured cost, because it is the same category as your dumb Philips CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't argue with the above, that is solid info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds fair. Will that be able to fix the issue completely? If it doesn't, would I then need a Bilevel?
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
I can see that swap fixing it. Admitted there are cases where multiple machine swaps are needed to get proper therapy. Cross 1 bridge at a time. Let's get this swap completed then we can evaluate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, sounds like a solid plan. Thanks. I guess I really have to wait until the 27th, which is when my phone appointment is. Probably going to be the longest two weeks of my life lol. Unless I call around and ask for a new sleep doctor that can see me sooner. Also, would anyone know why they would give me a pressure of 6 on a standard CPAP? That obviously isn't helpful, and wouldn't they realize that during the titration?
Funguy43

Post Reply Post Reply
No I am not sure why they'd choose that. I've experienced baffling pressure settings myself that are against reason. Others have encountered similar. Sometimes, these docs randomly choose what seems right, but offer little flexibility to change to something better quickly. A ResMed AutoSet sent home to self titrate after apnea diagnosis could remove that guesswork for a lot of apnea patients, and reduce stresses, getting patients to successful therapy faster IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
when you say your still feeling crappy... how are you feeling? What's bothering you?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 195 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.