Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
RE: New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
It seems you have epr turned on for 'ramp only'. You may need the clinical manual from the link at the top of the page, to get into settings to turn EPR on all the time.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will try it again tonight with Epr changed and the settings suggested 6 to 8. The information on here is really great. I wouldn't have a clue otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all thanks for your help so far. I have tried the new settings two nights, I found it a bit easier but lasted only an hour and hour and half as I couldn't get to sleep with it on but I will keep going building it up. I will post a chart when I have slept with it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: zf39RpQl.png]

So above was last night. while I didn't wake up refreshed. The current settings didn't fill me with air like the previous settings. Below is the night before.

[Image: qZjqwQrl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems to be working while you're using it, but you will never adapt until you make a commitment to using it all the time.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I want to thank all those who gave me advice on this. Aerophagia isn't a problem for me anymore since I changed the settings as advised here. I will need more advise on this but will start a new thread if I can't find the answers in here already. The advice here has been invaluable and after a bad start I have started to use the machine every night, although I still have problems with it and not enough understanding, at the moment aerphagia is not one of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully, aerophagia often subsides as we adapt. Glad to hear things are working out for you. Keep at it! Your life, and the quality of your life, depend on it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Carobu

Am glad for you that therapy is settling. I would second 'keeping at it' as our bodies need time to get used to this strange artificial thing attached to us. BUT it gives me my waking hours back and strange though it was at first, as I was almost on my knees with exhaustion, I had to persist and hope you will too.

The best

AI
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 82 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 674 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 132 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 824 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,746 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 319 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 459 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.