Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
RE: New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
I always thought I wasn't too bad at technology but this is failing me. I tried to download sleepy head on my ipad but it didn't work. But I'm going to borrow a laptop and try that. The only thing is if I could make it more usable for a few nights I could get some readings. As it is I haven't been using it but if I could breathe out easier it would help.
Post Reply Post Reply
[img] https://imgur.com/a/tSTy5 [/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,
 Just wondering if I have up,padded the data right on here. Tried my best to follow all the instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you follow the links below it explains how to arrange the data for posting. Hope that helps.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks will do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked just fine except for the spaces between the IMG tags and the link. Please include the left column with the summary statistics (just take the image using the F12 key). This shows a good event rate, all hypopnea, but very fragmented therapy with a lot of breaks. There are 11 sessions here, and I think the problem is the very low starting pressure, and every time the pressure rises, you wake up and break therapy.

To get you adapted more comfortably, lets start at a minimum pressure of 6, and set the maximum pressure at 8.0. Turn off ramp. You're not having many events, even at low pressure, but either snores or flow limitations are driving up the pressure following ramp. If you include those charts, we can tell. We would like to see Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Snores, along with the left column statistics.

[Image: T2Sxf9z.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will try those pressures and post again hopefully including all data. Most of the breaks might be going to the toilet every time I wake up. I've got myself into a cycle of going since all this started with my neck. I will post again for the only night I managed to keep it on for with the extra charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: O5xoM7fl.png]

[Image: 0VMEGlol.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: iuKsWcQl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 721 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 86 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 132 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 832 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,746 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 322 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 459 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.