Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
RE: New User - Swallowing air (Aerophagia)
Thanks I will try to do all that. I didn't use it last night as I am waiting for the Nasal and I was still very uncomfortable from the first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same problems with swallowing air while using my ResMed AirSense 10 Auto. In reading the instructions, I can't get to the EPR without that setting being made available to me by the respiratory therapist. There are several times when I felt I couldn't exhale properly. Are there instructions somewhere that will allow me to adjust that setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the Clinicians manual for your CPAP.   To obtain a copy, use the link below and follow the instructions:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! This will be a huge help, I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi didn't get too far with everything that was asked but hopefully some of the info I have will make sense to ye. So the machine is set 4-12. I thought it would be at 4 and then only go up to 12 if I needed it but this is not the case. I managed the 4 but at it reached nearly 6 I couldn't use it. I didn't realise it was going up until I couldn't manage the air and checked. I now have the nasal pillows and chin strap which is ok but I was ok with full face too until it went up. 

The only thing I could get from the machine is Ahl 1.2 most other things are now at 0 because I've had it in and off too much. I was registered for the my air support so they don't have the readings from the first night. I'm working on the SD card. Last night was the second night I tried to use it but I failed. 

I have tried to attach the hospital report but it's too big it says so I will write it here.

Apnea - hyponea indea ahi 12/h.     Supine 51.84/h.    Non supine 5.4/h
Periodic limb movement index 22.6
Plm arousal index 4.6
Technician comments: mild OSA - severe in supine position, significant RERas, insignificant PLMs
Interpretation mild obstructive sleep apnea with significant respiratory arousals and insignificant periodic limb movement.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got answers to a few more things you asked. Start pressure is 4
Ramp time is auto
Epr is on
Epr type is ramp only
Epr level is 3
Essentials is plus
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 05:21 AM)Carobu Wrote: I have tried to attach the hospital report but it's too big it says so I will write it here.

Here is a thread where Bonjour helped me post images: Thread Kiwii's Search for Restful Sleep, post #32

Basically, you want to sign up with Imgur, a photo hosting site. Once you've uploaded the image, follow the directions in the linked post and you'll be able to embed large thumbnails into your posts here.

(or for a report, perhaps you'd opt to post a link rather than embed it?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Carobu, when you say you did not tolerate pressure at 6, what is it that became a problem? Leaks, air swallowing, exhale?

On your settings, The EPR set at 3 for Ramp only is pretty useless because your ramp start pressure is 4, so EPR cannot lower pressure. I think you might want to change ramp to 2 Full Time, then set the maximum pressure for your machine at 6. This will keep your exhale pressure at 4 and limit the maximum. As you become more adapted to the pressure, we can look at the results and raise the pressure to address any events. Right now the priority is to make you comfortable enough to use the therapy. It appears that staying off your back will limit the potential for apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It felt like I couldn't breathe out against it and too much air coming in. I was ok at first but it became a huge effort. 

The back of my throat is very sensitive, If I lie a certain way on the left hand side, I start to gag from the pressure it puts. Also if I lie on my back my neck goes numb on left side as does jaw and throats which I think is a big part of my problem. 

But when the pressure goes up I feel it too much in my throats but also I think in my chest that it is too much. Its definitely not in keeping with my breathing. I rarely sleep on my back because of the numbness, I did it the night of the study because the neurologist wanted an idea. He had asked the respiratory team to do the study.

Thanks for all the advice on here. I could be wrong but I feel if I had it very low at the start I could  maybe get used to it. Even if it's not helping any apneas and as my apneas are low in non supine positions it might help. But I don't know. All I do know is I cannot stay asleep and get up feeling too tired.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without question you are having problems.  For that reason alone I'm suggesting that you download SleepyHead and post your daily charts.  I'm not expecting anything but you never know.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 851 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.