Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]
New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]

I am new to CPAP and I have been using my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset for over one month. I have been able to lower my AHI down to 2.59. My 30 day  average is 7.21 after the doctor adjusted my settings form 4-20 to 6-20. It is difficult to get hold of the doctor as he is working very hard with Covid 19 patients.
My question is should I adjust the pressure to 7 min and max 15 or leave it at max 20?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User
I wouldn’t change your pressures the majority of remaining events are CA’s they will diminish over time
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Mike.

Are you using a very small screen? I ask because your charts are so cluttered. The Oscar team are looking at potential ways to standardise the charts so that all size screens give a similar appearance (it's not easy). If you haven't already done so, have a look at the link to how to organise your Oscar charts in my signature below.

BTW I agree with jaswilliams that your settings look pretty good for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the chart info. I am using a 27 inch screen. I'll look into the instructions again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User [adjusting pressure on AirSense 10 Autoset]
I think I realize what the problem of the screen shot is. I have my computer display set to 150%, this maybe the reason the shot looks distorted. I will send another screen shot shortly as my AHI went up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last nights screen shots. I hope they are more readable.
My AHI increased to 4.24.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using CPAP for more than 3 months now. All of a sudden my score was going up almost directly related to CA/CSR.  
I have attached a print out of the AHI data.
I do have a cardiac problem, AFib which may have caused this. 
Before last night's session, I turned off EPR ( which was set to 2 previously) and mys AHI went way down.
I have read previously on this forum that most people should turn off EPR.
Of course, I will have to see if I continue to improve but would like to hear if any others had similar problems and is there something else I should do, like limiting my pressure range?

Post Reply Post Reply
Mike, welcome to the forum. 0
Knowing all your settings is very important for making specific recomendations. The left sidebar contains much info that helps us evaluate what is going on..
I do recommend the new version of OSCAR.
F12 is set to take the screenshot we like in v1.1.1.

I would also like to see a 15 minute and a 2 minute view of your "CSR" which is unlikely to be that but does need to be eliminated.

I would reduce your EPR to see if that impacts your CA readings and repost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the prompt reply. I upgraded to new Oscar version. 
Here is a screen shot using F12 of last night in which CSR came back and AHI hit 12.33
I am not sure if I did the 15 and 2 minutes view of CSR correctly.
Also, last night I awoke when air pressure was almost blowing mask off my face.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 394 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 301 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need help adjusting settings cokepi 1 130 03-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.