Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypothetical question re: typical APAP optimization for OSA based on 2-week data
RE: Hypothetical question re: typical APAP optimization for OSA based on 2-week data
(01-18-2018, 08:37 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: For example, in this crossover-design study showing lesser aerophagia symptoms with APAP than with CPAP, the median pressures on APAP were more than 4 cm H2O lower on APAP than CPAP.  The AHI was not significantly different on APAP vs CPAP despite the APAP Min being a full 6 cm H2O less than the average P95 on that therapy.

The P90/P95 is a commonly used Starting Point for CPAP therapy.  

Using "about" P90/P95 - 2 as a common Starting Point for the APAP Minimum pressure strikes me as too high of a Starting Point minimum.

When we see or hear about issues such as aerophagia we adjust.  That is why it is just a starting point.
RE: Hypothetical question re: typical APAP optimization for OSA based on 2-week data
post deleted.

Thanks, everyone, for the discussion. I've been confined to my room for the past couple days so I have less chance of transmitting influenza B to my daughter. Probably not the best time for me to try and participate in such a thread.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
(01-18-2018, 12:54 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Why bother. You'll just disagree.

If that's the way you feel then take your own advice, don't bother to write a response at all. Move on to reading a different thread and ignore this one. Your comment borders on being disruptive.

Since the OP has withdrawn, this thread is closed.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 75 7 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 101 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 343 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 398 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,226 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.