Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, attached Oscar screenshots
New User, attached Oscar screenshots
            Both for couple of days AHI was high, and couple it was low. I don't use a cervical collar and have a full face mask F20 I believe. 

Thanks much
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, attached Oscar screenshots
I do have EPR on also.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would increase minimum pressure to 6 and turn ramp off. Ramp is just delaying your treatment and min pressure of 4 is providing subpar treatment. You could increase max to 12 just in case the machine needs a little more room to run on a bad night, you didn't max out in these examples but did come close all three nights.

A number of your events are CA and often occurring on their own or in pairs. If you looked closer at flow data you will probably see that these are post arousal/sleep transition style CA's which are normal. The number of these events fluctuates, some nights you may not have any and others you may have a bunch. I wouldn't worry too much about them unless they start occurring in larger numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try reducing EPR to 2 I think this would reduce the CA’s or ignore and the CA’s will reduce over time as your body gets used to the extra ventilation provided by the Resmed
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much. My home sleep study showed and AHI of 24.6. CA of 0.8, Obstructive of 1.0, Hyopnea of 22.8. My EPR was a 3 and have changed it to 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, try that for a bit and see if it makes any difference on CA events. Some of these might have been treatment induced and lowering the EPR slightly could help if that is the case.

Post a couple updates in a few days after you have seen what effect the changes have had. A slight increase in minimum pressure may help but might as well start off slow with only a few changes at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is often the case that your 'event's are found in pairs or groups.  This tends to indicate restriction of flow over a short period until you experience wakefulness and turn over to do 'something' to break the pattern.  Often the only problem is the position of the head relative to the torso, and that is one where your chin tucks down closer to your chest.  This occurs most often when sleeping in the supine position, on one's back, but not always...not necessarily.  I tuck my own chin even on my side and have to position my hands under my chin.

It might be worth trying to keep a rolled hand towel around your neck, retained with a safety pin, to see if that makes most of these events go away.  If it happens after two or three nights, consistently, you may have your answer.  This is assuming the lowering of the EPR doesn't take care of it by itself.  If the towel does it, you might be interested in a soft foam cervical collar.  It's what we advise people to purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much post changing the EPR to 2, my AHI has come down to below 1 each night for the last 3 nights, 0.62, 0.49, and 0.58. I assume thats about as low as it gets or can go.

I am having some increased leaks and also for some reason I seem to be using a lot more water from my humidifier (3-5x what I normally use) though this isn't related to the EPR as its happening for last 7 days or so.

Thanks to all
Post Reply Post Reply
You use more water during leaks as you are pumping your humidified air into the room at a much faster rate. If you can figure out what is causing the leaks you will also figure out why your water usage has increased.
Post Reply Post Reply
sndrako, if you are getting condensation, consider getting a fleece cover for the tube. Even with a heated tube the cover can help to quiet it and make it more comfortable as well as reduce condensation. Be sure the hose rises from the machine and drops to your bed. This helps any water to drain back to the machine and prevents you from pulling the machine off a side table. Finally if you don't have a heated tube, request your doctor to include that in your Rx.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 103 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 277 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.