Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User [need help with my data]
Wish I could tell you. A very Evil thought about the fate of your Doctors health came to mind though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mum is using a machine designed to treat obstructive sleep apnea. I'm a little baffled that a doctor that diagnosed central and mixed apnea would consider this a successful trial. If you contact him, I would simply ask, how long do we need to fail to persuade you to go with what your knowledge and expertise should tell you is right?
Post Reply Post Reply
the  4th image looks pretty good, close enough for success right.  I night out of 30 means success, right . . . . . . . . 

Doctor-no-get-it
Set Sarcastic mode off.
Post Reply Post Reply

The results are consistently bad. I don't see any improvement happening unless you make some fundamental changes to the therapy. Waiting a month isn't going to change that.

SleepRider said it best...
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks All, I will contact them tomorrow to see if her heart results are known yet and if so how do we proceed as the current way is clearly not working. 1 day the 7th Sept I think I counted 60+ Central Apnea in a little over an hr.

I may also look into seeing another sleep clinic as I have lost all faith in the current doctors she is seeing.

He did mention they may like to do another sleep study in the hospital where they can change settings to see how she best responds, is this worthwhile or are we much better (if her heart is fine) to just move directly to the ASV.

We are considering changing the setting back to max pressure of 11 as before he changed that back up to 12 her results seemed far better apart from 1 night. Can a change of 11-12 pressure cause such huge changes or is this just part of what you all described as no consistency with current machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most doctors believe they need the clinical study in order to decide how to prescribe settings. That is especially valid in mixed apnea where an EPAP that controls OA must be determined along with a pressure support range that can control CA and Hypopnea. As long as you have a clear understanding of the purpose and protocol of the test, then it is a prudent and normal approach.

Today's automatic ASV machines can generally be used to find effective therapy settings by people with some knowledge of the process, and on the forum, we often help members fine-tune ASV. A good resource is the Resmed Titration Protocol, which is a simple document an procedure to understand.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-...0-asv.html
http://www.apneaboard.com/CSA-and-ASV-Up...Morgan.pdf

In most cased titration is recommended, and would be required unless you are self-financing and treating. Understand the basics of the process and ask questions to verify your professionals are following procedures that will achieve your goals for treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User - Bloating, Gas, diarrhea, reflux hatbox 6 89 32 minutes ago
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] New user, still having severe apnea except for one hour? mutantlog 3 60 1 hour ago
  please advise new user oxi graph netmouser 4 158 09-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Last Post: netmouser
  10 year cpap user - new machine jminminnesota 5 157 09-15-2017, 06:14 PM
  CPAP user and clinical manuals? halmc 9 183 09-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Last Post: halmc
  new user not getting sleep Monte 5 193 09-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Monte
  New User Sleepyhead Screenshot JesseLee 5 173 09-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: JesseLee