Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User of CPAP
RE: New User of CPAP
(04-03-2019, 02:56 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 02:07 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote: yes! i was feeling that way, kind of hard to breathe, i think ill change it from 5 to 7 tonight! thanks. I cant wear it infront of my kids, they get scared! Smile

Make it a game to them use the blower on them or on a ball.  (mask not needed) .  Play peek a Boo with the mask with them.  Basically, show them that it is "fun".

See the Organize link in my signature.  That is the best way to set up the charts for evaluation.  If we need more, we will ask.
......and wear it and say "Luke I am your father" whilst breathing heavily !

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User of CPAP
(04-09-2019, 02:05 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote: I set my EPR pressure to 3 last night and slept okay, this morning woke up sleepy and with a headache... I just wanted to know if most of you guys turn EPR (cflex etc) off or do you leave it on and if so what pressure? 

I upped my min pressure to 8 and with epr at 3 that would mean exhale is at 5. It feels like im struggling to breathe sometimes and there isnt enough air. I wll try wtih EPR off but just interested to know your opinions!

thank you

I use a bilevel machine but use an EPAP min of 9.0 with 4-cm of pressure support. In your case, increasing pressure sets the minimum IPAP, and with EPR 3, the EPAP is at IPAP minus 3. You need to find what is most comfortable for yourself, and the best way to do this is self-titration. Add pressure until you feel better, and subtract it if you start to feel less comfortable or more abundant CA events occur.  You don't need our permissions or that of your doctor to optimize your settings. I encourage you to start raising pressure incrementally to find where your best comfort occurs. Your AHI is just fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 470 2 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.