Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User of CPAP
RE: New User of CPAP
Hello,

I am posting my results for analysis from the last 2 nights. I adjusted the pressure from 5 to 7 as a starting point.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have some of your events turned off, click on the flags bottom left the the daily page and make sure each event type has a green and black mark against it, any with a red and black switch click the switch to turn that event back on
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2019, 12:55 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: You seem to have some of your events turned off, click on the flags bottom left the the daily page and make sure each event type has a green and black mark against it, any with a red and black switch click the switch to turn that event back on

Thank you, the flags were turned off. I made sure to turn them on, i am posting hte screenshots again. 

I dont know what the issue is, i know taht i have greatly reduced snoring however I wake up and feel extra tired during the day since using CPAP. I do not have the restful sleep feeling. ANy thoughts? I hope it improves, can anyone see anything in the charts that would point to an issue?

thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
You have significant Snores and significant Flow Limits per the stats, you should include these two charts in addition to what you are showing.
Also you apparently have a history of RERAs which by definition end with arousal. These would need to be identified by looking at a detailed view of the flowrate,
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 02:07 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote: yes! i was feeling that way, kind of hard to breathe, i think ill change it from 5 to 7 tonight! thanks. I cant wear it infront of my kids, they get scared! Smile

That's funny how family and pets react to our masks. My granddaughter, a RN who has worked ER, critical care and post op in a large hospital still avoids me when I have my mask on.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2019, 10:32 AM)bonjour Wrote: You have significant Snores and significant Flow Limits per the stats,  you should include these two charts in addition to what you are showing.
Also you apparently have a history of RERAs which by definition end with arousal.   These would need to be identified by looking at a detailed view of the flowrate,

I am attaching some more pictures, not sure if these will help. But thank you, i had no idea what RERA's were but i jsut googled them. Very interesting, anything i can do to overcome this?

Post Reply Post Reply
They are treated by increasing pressure support.  On your machine set EPR= 3 and min pressure to 8.  Changes beyond that would be to increase pressure on your machine.

The question is do you still have RERAs?  To determine this you have to scan your FlowRate chart in closeup.
Here is an article that shows what to look for.  Optimizing therapy - RERA
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2019, 03:11 PM)bonjour Wrote: They are treated by increasing pressure support.  On your machine set EPR= 3 and min pressure to 8.  Changes beyond that would be to increase pressure on your machine.

The question is do you still have RERAs?  To determine this you have to scan your FlowRate chart in closeup.

thank you, i have scanned the chart and it seems as if i Might be having this RERA. CAn you please look at the attached screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2019, 03:31 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:11 PM)bonjour Wrote: They are treated by increasing pressure support.  On your machine set EPR= 3 and min pressure to 8.  Changes beyond that would be to increase pressure on your machine.

thank you, i have scanned the chart and it seems as if i Might be having this RERA. CAn you please look at the attached screenshot.

sorry forgot to attached the screenshot!

Post Reply Post Reply
I set my EPR pressure to 3 last night and slept okay, this morning woke up sleepy and with a headache... I just wanted to know if most of you guys turn EPR (cflex etc) off or do you leave it on and if so what pressure? 

I upped my min pressure to 8 and with epr at 3 that would mean exhale is at 5. It feels like im struggling to breathe sometimes and there isnt enough air. I wll try wtih EPR off but just interested to know your opinions!

thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,459 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 159 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,751 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,238 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,113 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,694 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 364 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.