Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User of CPAP
New User of CPAP
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading the wealth of information on this site and wanted to say thank you to all those who have contributed. It makes it easier for someone who is dealing with Apnea.

Some details of myself:
I am 6'1, 32 years old from Canada. I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep apnea last month after finally going to a sleep study. (wife couldnt take the snoring anymore). I feel groggy in the mornings and overall just tired throughout the day. I am hoping this can help alleviate my symptoms. I am currently using the Resmed Autoset 10 for her, even though i am a HIM (i know it doesnt matter) ...

anyhow was wondering if someone could analyze my results. Currenlty used it for 2 days and not feeling any better, any settings i should tweak? I know there is no miracle one day solution that the very fortunate few experience, i am in the majority and hoping for a long term steady fix. Can someone please direct me on what to do? what should i post from Sleepyhead etc?

Thanks in advance! Cheers  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User of CPAP
Hi e46zhpm3 - Welcome

With you only being 2 days in on therapy means that the training wheels are still on your machine.  You need to give it, at least, 10 days for you to become accustomed to wearing something while you sleep.  You may wish to wear it in the evening, while watching TV, to get use to the feel. One thing I will point out is your starting pressure may be making you feel air starved.  If so, most users find a starting pressure of 7 or higher will eliminate this feeling.

Good luck and welcome to the 'hood.
Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes! i was feeling that way, kind of hard to breathe, i think ill change it from 5 to 7 tonight! thanks. I cant wear it infront of my kids, they get scared! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Crimson Nape has given you good advice. More data would be helpful. I see you have SleepyHead. I suggest you post a representative daily chart after you make the pressure adjustment. How the data is organized is important as some graphs are more useful than others. See the links below for how to post and organize your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 01:45 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote:  I am currently using the Resmed Autoset 10 for her, even though i am a HIM (i know it doesnt matter) ...

This is the machine I use, I'm not sure if it's a loaner or your permanent machine. 

However, if it's a loaner and you're in Ontario than insist that your permanent machine is the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. For some odd reason in Ontario the OHIP ADP program which partly funds CPAP machines, classifies the for Her device with the CPAP devices instead of APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 02:07 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote: yes! i was feeling that way, kind of hard to breathe, i think ill change it from 5 to 7 tonight! thanks. I cant wear it infront of my kids, they get scared! Smile

Make it a game to them use the blower on them or on a ball.  (mask not needed) .  Play peek a Boo with the mask with them.  Basically, show them that it is "fun".

See the Organize link in my signature.  That is the best way to set up the charts for evaluation.  If we need more, we will ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 02:56 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 02:07 PM)e46zhpm3 Wrote: yes! i was feeling that way, kind of hard to breathe, i think ill change it from 5 to 7 tonight! thanks. I cant wear it infront of my kids, they get scared! Smile

Make it a game to them use the blower on them or on a ball.  (mask not needed) .  Play peek a Boo with the mask with them.  Basically, show them that it is "fun".

See the Organize link in my signature.  That is the best way to set up the charts for evaluation.  If we need more, we will ask.

Thank you Kindly!

I have organized the software as outlined in your links. i will collect some data for a few days and then post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there and welcome!

It really does take a few weeks of treatment to reverse your years of hypoxia. I promise that you will feel better. 

Best of luck!
Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 11:23 PM)DarciWantsToSleep Wrote: Hi there and welcome!

It really does take a few weeks of treatment to reverse your years of hypoxia. I promise that you will feel better. 

Best of luck!
Darci

Thank you for the  kind words! I really hope so, i still feel like a zombie after 3 days. Its getting better more and i think i tolerate it better than the 1st night. The only thing i can say is that it feels like i have to focus more on my breathing through my nose whereas before i didnt think about it. ...Dont know if that makes sense or not, 

anyhow im hoping it gets better!
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I went into my sleep study, my friend said to me just relax and breathe with the machine, not against it. It worked for then and I applied that to my home CPAP. Sometimes I find myself struggling against it and I remind myself to slow down an breathe, I am not suffocating. 

I also take a few minutes before I put my mask on to slow my breathing. 

Maybe this will help you too. 

Best,

Darci
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,033 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,008 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,590 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.