Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User questions MASK FIT
New User questions MASK FIT
I am a new user to CPAP and have a Resmed Airsense 10. 

Man was I reluctant to start!! I thought it was a lifetime curse. 

I only got tested because my fishing partner got one...His wife said he stopped breathing....So did mine!! I tested at 39 events per hour. "Did you notice?" Why no I was sleeping......Anyway Reluctantly I started.  I was lucky because I take Seroquil for bi polar and can sleep thru anything. Only took me a few weeks to get dialed in. I can sense I breath easier. I'm 7 months in and have changed my opinion of CPAP. It's a god send. The more I hear about heart arrhythmia and stroke problems the happier I am that I started (age 65)

I wear an AirTouch F20. My primary concerns are with fit vs events per hour. One night it fits well and another night not so well. But the mask 'feels' the same. I'm under 5 leaks a min, then unto 20-30 the next. Is there any way to know what's right[url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075MQMKXP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1][/url]

Dr says the 'events' per hour should be under 5. Over 6 months I had 5 nights in total over 5 events. Now I've had 4 in a month? It seems my mask fit better over past 6 months and now its not and the apnea events per hour are moving up. I'd post my MyAir app screen shots but app is fighting me again not allowing me to (for my protection lol). 1. So are my events most likely occurring because of my poor fit? 2. And does anyone have any suggestions on how they fit their masks?? Thanks in advance I'm so happy to have found this site
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User questions MASK FIT
The best help would be to download Oscar (free from the top of the site). You need a SD card 2 to 32 gb you can get them at Walmart, target, amazon. Then post your Oscar charts.

However here is some info on mask fitting: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like it's the less than stellar use results of PAP users like myself with the F20. Consider another mask like the Fisher & Paykel Vitera, Simplus, or something other than the F20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacy there is a ton of info there, I'll read it all! As for Oscars I tried to download that and my MacBook did not like it because it's not coming from app store. AND MyAir app is on my android phone. And I don't see an android based op system program?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2021, 08:55 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sounds like it's the less than stellar use results of PAP users like myself with the F20. Consider another mask like the Fisher & Paykel Vitera, Simplus, or something other than the F20.

OK the F&PV head gear looks far superior. 

Are the masks between FPV and Simplus interchangeable with th e head gear?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Vitera uses a different headgear than the Simplus. The Vitera's headgear is lighter, but the Simplus's is more robust.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2021, 07:21 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The Vitera uses a different headgear than the Simplus.  The Vitera's headgear is lighter, but the Simplus's is more robust.

THANK YOU.....so I would order a Simplus Head gear..... Then I'd order Simplus Frame and Elbow for small medium large?  And then a Simplus mask (L) too??
Post Reply Post Reply
There is one Simplus frame for the small mask and one for the medium and large masks. This sizing applies to the Vitera as well.  Most use the medium/large frame.  My face size is right at the medium to large breakpoint.  I regularly switch between the two sizes, because of the different feel on my face. (I get bored easily)  The Vitera and Simplus masks look almost identical, but have slight design differences to prevent using one mask with the other's headgear.  Overall, the Vitera seems more forgiving for maintaining a seal than the Simplus, but it is a slight difference.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 5 313 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 192 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 174 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 151 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 247 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 361 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.