Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New VAuto, need help with settings
RE: New VAuto, need help with settings
You are still well below the CAI with trigger sensitivity at medium. I think you are borderline for using a soft cervical collar to resolve the obstructive clusters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Added last 2 days screenshot with both AHI 2. Usually when I would get an AHI of 2 before it was on a night that I didn't sleep well and spend some time awake during the night, but these 2 last days I could sleep through the night normally.

So you think that the way to improve the AHI would be using a soft cervical collar? Would the cervical collar remove all these clusters or the events would still occur but not in clusters?

Another question, I always had some flow limitations on the OSCAR graphics. Do you think that is a problem or it's too little to be causing problems?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your 'clusters' are such that if what is showing is all that is occurring I wouldn't worry about a collar. If it got worse i'd likely suggest a collar. Put it on a watch, keep an eye on it but don't obsess over it.

Your numbers are low enough that you shift from chasing numbers to letting comfort rule your changes. So How do you feel?

I would not chase your flow limits as IMHO they are good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't wake up tired and the sleep I think it's normal, there are some nights better than others but normally I sleep through the night and don't wake up tired.

My main complaint would be to wake up feeling bloated. I have no pain but the first couple of hours after waking is filled with burping, farting, and belly noises.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think you are swallowing air, set the maximum pressure to 17.0. It should still be effective and may relieve the bloating.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I will try a max of 17
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshot of the last 3 nights with the maximum at 17.

The first 2 nights have AHI of 4 but the sleep was normal. The last night has an AHI of 1.3 but I didn't sleep well, I wake several times and I had a headache when getting out of bed in the morning.

About the bloating, it seems to have some improvement these last nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
Added screenshots for the last nights.

The bloated feeling improved with more nights with a maximum of 17.

The days that the AHI was higher seems to be because of the "cluster" of events and from your comments they are related to the positional apnea, so with the maximum pressure as before was only causing the pressure to increase without really helping fight the events.

So my options would be to leave as is or to use a cervical collar to see if it eliminate the clusters?

Post Reply Post Reply
The OA events are clustered and should improve with a SCC. Go for a comfortable and effective fit. You really did not see an increase in events from capping pressure at 17 and seem to be more comfortable. By keeping pressure tolerable and using a high trigger sensitivity, the only remaining issue is the OA events. You have to choose whether to tolerate those or use the collar. I hope you find it comfortable, but it may be a compromise.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the SCC and sleep 2 nights with it. It wasn't very comfortable as I normally sleep on the side and this was causing the SCC to have pressure on my jaw that makes it uncomfortable.
On the first night, I could only sleep on my back. On the second I could sleep on my side, but it seems that I put my shoulders up when sleeping and causes the pressure on my jaw.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 461 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 720 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.