Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New VAuto, need help with settings
RE: New VAuto, need help with settings
You may need a thinner or shorter collar. What brand and size are you using? The pattern of events still looks like positional apnea, and it may be the way the collar is fitting or pushing on your neck, or you may be finding a way to chin-tuck with the collar on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a local brand and the size is about 20 inches length, 3 inches height, and 1 inch thick (50cm x 7.5cm x 2.5cm)
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a new collar but the height seemed too high also, so I cut it to about 2 inches(5 cm).
I used it for 2 nights that I attached the Oscar charts here, the first night it was a little difficult to sleep with but the last night it was ok to sleep with, but from the charts, it didn't help on the numbers.

Those hypopnea events weren't common without the collar, so I added a zoomed area with them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I bought a new pillow that supposed to have better jaw support (photo) that I have been using since December 5. There were a couple of good nights and then it seems to have come back to the normal nights. 

It seems that the clusters of events have been reduced but since that wasn't constant I believe that there wasn't really an improvement for the new pillow.

My real question is that I've noticed that even when normal breathing the amplitude of the breathing seems to be continually going up and down. Is this a normal breathing pattern or it should be a flat line on top/bottom?

Post Reply Post Reply
The going up and down is inhale and exhale...  You need to zoom in more to see each breath and look at the shape to see is there is anything different than normal.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscillations in tidal volume can be a reflection of instability in your CO2 levels, and with the CA events a slight decrease of pressure support may be in order. As far as OA events, they clearly cluster in pairs, so you are getting your chin under whatever support you are currently using. It's not very severe, but something to work on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any problem with this instability of CO2 levels? Is there anything to be done?

I will decrease the PS value for the CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
The decrease in PS will accomplish both objectives and stabilize respiration as well as reduce CA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I decreased the PS by 0.2 and used this for the week.

There were some nights that the CA decreased like these:

But there were other days that it stayed high

I think I should decrease the PS again to test.
Post Reply Post Reply
A decrease in PS or finding a way to increase re-breathed CO2 may be options. You might want to read the Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS) wiki. Not suggesting you use EERS, but understand how CO2 plays into respiratory drive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 985 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 151 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 151 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,364 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 144 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,349 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.