Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Wisp - Massive leaks
New Wisp - Massive leaks
I got my new Wisp Nasal mask on Monday.
I like it. It is comfortable.
But my leaks have gone nuts. My 95% pressure has doubled. Is it possible that the mask's vent design alows so much air to escape intentionally that my PRS 1 ASV recognizes that as leaks?
Here is a look at last night.

[attachment=872]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks
Sorry to ask, what mask were you using prior to this? Do you mean Wisp has changed, or that you got a 'new' mask, and it's a 'Wisp'?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using a Sleepweaver Elan until Monday morning. I got the new Wisp on Monday afternoon. First night my AHI went to 6.97 instead of my normal >2. Now it has settled down a bit, but I would like to gain control again, like breking a wild horse.
Post Reply Post Reply
did you change the mask type settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not believe that there are any mask type settings on Philips machines.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 11:03 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not believe that there are any mask type settings on Philips machines.
PR machines have something called 'mask setting for system one resistance control' which is completely different than Resmed mask type setting. There is no mask setting for non-Respironcis masks but been mentioned before and its "0", so whats all this kerfuffle about Coffee
[Image: MaskSettingsforSystemOneResistanceC.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Zonk.
The Wisp is marked X1. I will adjust the machine and see if my pressure and leaks come back in line tonight.

I vaguely remembred something about that setting but my CRS required a memory jogger.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I found the X1 designation on the Wisp and made the adjustment in the clinical setup menu on the machine. by the way the RT at Apria did not have a clue that machines had such settings. he simply said "go back to your old mask".

Not much change in my results. any further thoughts on stoping leaks and getting prsures back down to the good old days, under 12 max.

[attachment=878]
Post Reply Post Reply
Other than leak rate, is it working for you, comfortable, not waking you, etc? Currently, it is my favorite mask, although for better treatment I need to be using a FFM.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes other than leak rate and increasing AHI and pressure it is comfortable.
I do like it, just don't understand the reason for the increased numbers.

Peter, do you see the high leaks that I do?

All you other Wisp ers do you see high leaks and higher than "normal" pressure?

Should I just ignore the numbers and enjoy the mask, since AHI is still well under 5?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 361 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 235 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 144 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 304 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 906 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.