Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Wisp - Massive leaks
RE: New Wisp - Massive leaks
Does the Wisp come with more than one size of pillows? Have you tried the other sizes it came with?

How about wearing an oximeter - if AHI is under 5 and O2 readings stay in the 90's - maybe you can ignore the leaks...
Post Reply Post Reply
Well yeaterday I used a makeshift chin strap (ace bandage). It seems to have made a big difference, AHI down to 0.4 where it should be. leaks are still larger than I like but Encore thinks the leaks ar OK. There is a big difference between the Encore and SH views. I find it a lot easier to read the SH graphs other than the wave form, which I still have to learn.
Tonight I will use my CMS 50i.
Can someone look at my waveform chart and explain what it means. I picked the odd looking section.

[attachment=879]

[attachment=880]

[attachment=881]
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to his through my lips when not using a FFM - which causes my leaks, and my AHI is higher too - but the Wisp is just so comfy... Pressure itself does not change for me. I am told to wear a FFM for a long time and it'll get comfy too~~
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2014, 06:54 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I tend to his through my lips when not using a FFM - which causes my leaks, and my AHI is higher too - but the Wisp is just so comfy... Pressure itself does not change for me. I am told to wear a FFM for a long time and it'll get comfy too.

I do the same, causing leaks that are far too high. Oddly, no one ever said that I sleep with my mouth open, not even the sleep doc who video recorded me sleeping, so I guess my mouth must be just slightly open.

I found that a chin strap under the Wisp makes my leaks negligible. I experimented with a lot of expensive commercial chin straps, none of which worked very well. I even tried the Ace ™ bandage route, but found that the elastic was far too wimpy and lost its stretchiness very quickly. Recently I went to a fabric store and found some very sturdy 1 1/2 inch elastic for only $1 a yard. It works better and is lots cheaper than the elastic bandage material.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.