Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and Disappointed
RE: New and Disappointed
Yes you upload files on the chromebook using a USB port. Just copy the files off the SD card and attach to an e-mail.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:25 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 05:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote: I will be getting a ResMed 10 machine.

Here are 2 different ResMed 10 machines (there are others) One you do not want, the other you do.  I highly suggest that you confirm the exact model you expect to be getting.  I highly recommend that you ensure you get the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine.

AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (you do NOT want this machine) $400 retail May 2017
  • Compliance Data to SD Card

• NO detailed efficacy data, which is used to identify alterations and tweaking of your treatment.

• Operation Modes

• Fixed CPAP only
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier $883 retail May 2017
  • Compliance Data to SD Card

• Advanced Data

• Operation Modes

• Fixed CPAP

• APAP

• Detailed breath by breath data indicating how you are responding to all breathing events thru the night

• Fred

Fred I know it is going to be the AirSense 10 with HumidAir. I don't know about the AutoSet or Heated humidifier yet though. Thanks much for the info!! JL
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:48 PM)Spy Car Wrote: A power supply--especially if used or generic--would not be a large expense. Worth being able to run Sleepyhead IMO, even if the PC were not much use for anything else.

I checked Amazon and the new ones are near $100. Do you know where I might check on a used one?

Thanks ... JL
Post Reply Post Reply
You will get a heated humidifier with any AirSense 10 because it is fully integrated and does not come without one.  
I will ask you to ask what model you are getting.  The main goal is simply to help make sure you are not getting a brick for the next 5 years (approx life of a CPAP machine).

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:30 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 05:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote: ....I will be getting a ResMed 10 machine. I am not sure of the details yet but will know more within about a week. 

A friend's computer or the library are my only options. ....

I sometimes have to use the library for computer stuff.... Here's the problem: you generally can't install a software. And, unless someone can correct me, SleepyHead would need to be installed on the computer. I don't believe you could use the app from a thumb drive, and even if you could, the library might not let you use a thumb drive. I have to be hideously creative every time I go to the library.

If you're in a small town and know the librarian, you may have an easier time....

The Resmed 10 you'll likely want is: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (maybe the "for Her" model). You need all of those words for the model. Don't accept a used one, either!

Looks like the library is out for me because you're right about installing software there. 

The only thing I don't know is if it will be the "Autoset" model. I am with Kaiser Permanente here in California and because of my insurance, I cannot pick my machine. As I said I know it will be the Resmed Airsense 10 with the humidifier but that is all I know at this point. Oh, it will be a new machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred are all of the Resmed Airsense 10 machines Autoset too? I am glad to hear that they all have integrated heated humidifiers! I will be glad when this wait is over and I can finally get my machine!!! 

JL
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha ... no, it didn't crash off of my desk! It is an 11 yo Dell desktop. The power supply died. When I opened it up the graphics card looked corroded or something. I think the best idea is to get a used laptop on Craigslist or something. Maybe one of my kids even has an old one hanging around!

Thanks, JL
Post Reply Post Reply
No, only 2 are AutoSet and AutoSet for her.

The models are
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (Best Choice), AutoSet for Her (Best Choice), Elite, or CPAP

The CPAP model will not detect Central Apnea which is serious enough in 15% of CPAP users.  It does influence therapy settings.
The Elite is a CPAP only model that does record detailed data.  It is acceptable but is more difficult to accurately modify your settings (it takes longer).

The AutoSets will adjust pressure, between set limits, based on various "events" that are detected to reduce and or eliminate (most) Apnea events.  Sometimes we recommend a Fixed CPAP mode.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
A thought..... borrow someone's power supply to run the computer until the battery is fully charged. Then, use the computer on the battery.

Or..... go to the library and see if they have a power supply. Do the same thing. Recharge the battery, and then you're good to go.

Or, borrow a library laptop with the power supply, and just use the power supply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Disregard the following which applies to a laptop, not a desktop. I will leave the post, but an internal power supply is what is needed.

(01-25-2018, 11:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 05:48 PM)Spy Car Wrote: A power supply--especially if used or generic--would not be a large expense. Worth being able to run Sleepyhead IMO, even if the PC were not much use for anything else.

I checked Amazon and the new ones are near $100. Do you know where I might check on a used one?

Thanks ... JL

You may be able to find a replacement power supply quickly and less expensively at a Batteries Plus or similar store. I recall buying one for a computer that failed on a trip, and got a replacement for about $60.  To get one for even less, you need to look at the old power supply and copy down some specifications.  If I wanted to replace mine, here is what I would need:
INPUT: 100-240V ~1.4A 50-60 Hz (This is standard worldwide input voltage and almost all adapters use this)
OUTPUT: 19V 2.31A   This is the specification you are looking for.  Finally, there may be a symbol.  Mine is positive polarity (first figure) and the other possibility is negative polarity (second figure). This means the output to the plug is 19 volts at 2.31 amps.  This is a very common output voltage and current.

[Image: connector-how-to-tell-polarity-expected-...schema.png]
With this information from your current adapter, you can buy a generic AC adapter that perfectly matches your computer.  For example, I can put this search into Google and find an adapter for less than $20:  "AC Adapter 19V 2.31A positive polarity".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,278 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 3,823 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Totally Disappointed bricki 23 4,080 06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bricki
  Disappointed with rising AHI SpeedyD 8 2,799 02-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: SpeedyD
  Disappointed with Doc, am I asking too much?? murf2499 19 7,273 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleep87
  Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto Hanrahan 9 3,323 09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  Disappointed Clementine 34 9,028 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.