Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and Disappointed
RE: New and Disappointed
So, I'm getting near good to go. I got my son's old laptop and clean installed Windows 7. I installed SleepyHead and I bought an SD Card.

I'm not doing very well with my mask. They gave me a full face mask and it is too big so ResMed says it is leaking too much. I knew that! I spoke with Kaiser and Apria and I will have a new nasal pillow mask delivered soon.

I just inserted the SD card in my machine but don't understand what happens now. Will my AirSense AutoSet 10 automatically load the data or should I wait a couple of days before I try to export to SleepyHead? I do know to lock the card before I put it in my laptop.

Also, if I make changes to the settings on my machine will my clinician be made aware of it? For instance, right now I know that I would like the humidifier set to a higher level.

Thanks All,

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to leave the card in the machine while you sleep for it to record detailed data. As far as the them knowing about changes, yes, but they won't care about the humidifier settings.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Walla Walla!!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Does JoLyn need to format that new SD card?

@JoLyn, in this initial period you have the best options of changing masks with Apria/Kaiser.

Do double check what your trade-in options are. The ResMed P10 pillows have a cult following here.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill, I used the SD card in the SleepyHead software and it already had some data from the past 3 days. So it is working just fine. And no problem when I put it back in my machine!! Success!

I will be getting the AirFit P10 pillows. Since I was not fitted for them in the clinic I am hoping that they send all 3 sizes for me to try ... hope so.

My next job will be learning how to work with the SleepyHead software. I found the Beginners Guide.

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply
Also there is no need to lock the card when putting it in your computer as you are using the auto set 10 that does not mind it was the earlier Resmed S9
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 01:45 AM)JoLyn Wrote: Bill, I used the SD card in the SleepyHead software and it already had some data from the past 3 days. So it is working just fine. And no problem when I put it back in my machine!! Success!

I will be getting the AirFit P10 pillows. Since I was not fitted for them in the clinic I am hoping that they send all 3 sizes for me to try ... hope so.

My next job will be learning how to work with the SleepyHead software. I found the Beginners Guide.

JoLyn

Great. Good that the SD card is working and you can import data into Sleepyhead.

Good to educate yourself, but also post graphs here as there are some pretty experienced uses who can help you figure out your best therapy.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with it JoLyn. Don't worry, it takes a few weeks to get used to it, you just need to hang in there. 

I have never used a facemask as I have a beard, I was given large P10 pillows and found my nostrils were really sore in the morning; tried medium and they were great, no soreness. Another thing to experiment with is the straps, the tightness adjusts depending on how much space you put between the straps - - more space = looser fit. They need to be snug enough not to leak, but not too tight make your nostrils sore.

The thing that takes a bit of getting used with nasal pillows to is keeping your mouth closed. If you open it in your sleep you will get air rushing out of your mouth which is quite startling. I read up a bit of advice on this board and practiced keeping my mouth shut with my tongue firmly on the roof of my mouth during the day. I also try to sleep on my side as much as possible. I almost never have this problem any more (I'm about 8 months in). I haven't used a chin strap as I was feeling like I was coping with enough stuff on my face at the time, but good reports on this if it becomes a problem.

You don't need to worry about this now, but down the line the elastic will get weaker on the mask from use, but it isn't hard to adjust (I cut off the end of the elastic as it was uncomfortable after adjustment).

I am delighted with the machine BTW. Don't get too wrapped up in sleepyhead for now, plenty of time for that. just give it a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to it all and take it from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 02:04 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Also there is no need to lock the card when putting it in your computer as you are using the auto set 10 that does not mind it was the earlier Resmed S9

Thanks for letting me know!!!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 06:27 AM)tubster1 Wrote: Good luck with it JoLyn. Don't worry, it takes a few weeks to get used to it, you just need to hang in there. 

This helps a lot tubster1 ... I have been getting a bit stressed about it all. And thanks for giving me a pass on using the SleepyHead for a while  Smile

JoLyn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,279 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 3,825 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Totally Disappointed bricki 23 4,083 06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bricki
  Disappointed with rising AHI SpeedyD 8 2,799 02-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: SpeedyD
  Disappointed with Doc, am I asking too much?? murf2499 19 7,273 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleep87
  Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto Hanrahan 9 3,323 09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  Disappointed Clementine 34 9,029 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.