Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and Need Advice - How long until I feel better?
Sad 
New and Need Advice - How long until I feel better?
Hello!  I am new to this website and new to using a CPAP machine.  Tomorrow will make 2 weeks that I have been using my machine and I still don't feel a difference.  My main concern for being tested was that I was falling asleep at work and I am still doing that.  I'm worried that I will never feel better and that I will lose my job because I keep drifting off at work.  Everyone that I talked to about starting on the machine said I would notice a difference right away and would feel good.  This has not happened and I'm worried.  I already have anxiety and this is making it worse.  I am at work right now and I'm not sure of the machine or mask type that I have besides it being a full face mask.  I do know that my level is set to 11.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and Needing Advice
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success Read this link for a lot of good information. It takes awhile to start feeling better. First you have to be sure your CPAP machine is setup right for you. Read the info on the link and then follow up with posting information on the board here for help. Good luck!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall I started getting decent sleep almost right away but it still took a while to get used to the mask. I believe it was 6 to 8 weeks. Hang in there.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
When you get home, update your profile with correct machine information. This way, we have some idea what we're dealing with.

Not everyone feels better right away, as a matter of fact, most of us don't.

It takes awhile to adjust to a mask attached to our face and being tethered to a machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me about 3 months to start feeling better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note that you may find that your anxiety disappears after you get to a successful state of CPAP therapy.  I discovered that mine is caused by sleep deprivation.  That is not uncommon.
Post Reply Post Reply
It helps us to help you if you can download SleepyHead (free) and post your daily charts, many of our signatures have hoe to do this. And post your sleep studies. They do provide additional info about what type(s) of apnea you are having.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hjblackburn26,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy can take some getting used to, but just stick with it, it gets better over time.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and Need Advice - How long until I feel better?
One comment, in USA if you disclose sleep apnea issue and that you are under treatment to HR it may help with issues regarding falling asleep at work. You may need a note from your doctor to be official. I have to do this about every 9 months when they adjust my thyroid and adrenal meds. I'm a complete space cadet for a week or so as system stabilizes on new dosages.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and Need Advice - How long until I feel better?
My feeling is that after 2 weeks, you should no longer be falling asleep at work, although you may still be tired. As mentioned, update your machine and equipment in your profile. People here can help you improve your therapy. Also, how LONG are you sleeping? If you are sleeping only 4-5 hours, then fixing really needs to be done before you are going to stop falling asleep at work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,844 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 238 8 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 95 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.