Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and confused!
Question 
New and confused!
Looking at my results and I'm having quite the time deciphering the results. Can someone please help?! TIA

usage hours: 7:10

Good: 70/70

mask seal: 20/20

events per hour: 0.9 (5/5)

mask on/off : 5/5

Your myAir score is: 100/ 100
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and confused!
The above is kind of the big picture results and they are saying that you are doing great! How are you feeling? How are you doing sleeping with CPAP therapy? If all is good then you are doing very well indeed. If you are not comfortable or not sleeping well, then perhaps some adjustments to the comfort settings would be in order, if not well then sleep well and enjoy.
Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of Resmed machine do you have? Folks here can help you better of you post more detailed data from software called sleepyhead which you can download on this site for free and there is a link for it at the top of the page. The data you post looks like it's from MyAir which is indeed a big picture overview with not much detail. I'm curious though how you got a score of 100 with 5 mask on/offs? 2 on/offs or more will result in a one point deduction for each time over 1 With 5 your max score could only be 96.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, MissMelodie.

I am not familiar with the report that you posted, although I can tell from it that your mask is not having significant leaks and that your apnea events per hour were very low, which is good news.

So the other questions are about if you feel well-rested and if you were comfortable enough with the machine and mask that you could fall asleep easily.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since you're using MyAir, you must have a 10 series: Look here to tell which machine you have:
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MissMelodie,
WELCOME!to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2016, 10:02 AM)MissMelodie Wrote: Looking at my results and I'm having quite the time deciphering the results. Can someone please help?! TIA

usage hours: 7:10

The machine was used for 7 hours, 10 minutes.

Quote:Good: 70/70

ResMed's myAir scoring scheme is a bit of a mystery. They're giving you a score of 70 out of 70. Sort of like a 100 point test, with one of the test questions being worth 70 points. You got all 70! If you had used your machine for fewer than 4 hours your score would be considerably lower, although I can't provide the details.

Quote:mask seal: 20/20

No significant leakage, 20 out 20. Another perfect score!

Quote:events per hour: 0.9 (5/5)

Your AHI was 0.9. That's 0.9 events per hour, on average. Or less than one event per hour. (An event is either an apnea, when you stop breathing for at least 10 seconds, or a hypopnea where your breathing is significantly reduced for at least 10 seconds). A perfect score of 5 out of 5. I think that if your AHI were greater than 5 your score would be lower, but again, I don't know for sure.

Quote:mask on/off : 5/5

One mask on/off event means you put your mask on once and took it off once. If you had gotten up to pee you'd have a mask on/off score of 2. Your score of 1 gives you 5 out of 5 possible points.

Quote:Your myAir score is: 100/ 100

That's a perfect score.

You're doing much better than most of the people that I see.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [CPAP] Confused with CPAP struggles and results dohm 4 358 02-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dohm
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,087 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Confused about CA's Julia63 12 717 12-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Confused interpreting sleep data SleepyMcDonald 4 526 11-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New and confused Retvet72 3 466 07-18-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  A little confused. David Clark 12 908 06-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.