Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and in need of help and support...
RE: New and in need of help and support...
Compliance means you use the machine for more than 4-hours in 21 of 30 consecutive days. Often you get 90 days to demonstrate compliance,but it's pretty easy to use the machine. It has nothing to do with settings. The best way to handle it is to look at your results, and get some input on whether changes are needed. If something needs to be changed, leave a message at your doctor's office that you have made x-change for y-reason. If they have a problem with that, they will tell you. Most times, they will do nothing, or inform the DME of the change. As long as your changes make sense, most doctors offices do not have a problem. You don't need to do it behind their back, but don't wait for them to initiate it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be willing to bet that a setting of around 9, or 9.5, or 10 and a high setting of 13 would work for you. I was once in about the same situation as you. I have a dreamstation and use apap. I'm currently at 9.5 and 13. My charts looked a whole lot like yours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2018, 04:50 PM)aplywi Wrote: Thank you everyone for your input! Now I have a question...am I allowed to change the settings? This CPAP is on rental now for 1- months before i own it. I know there is all this compliance stuff.  Do I change it or suggest it? I wish my appt with the sleep doctor was sooner. THey could not get me in.  Or do I go through the DME provider? I just don't want to mess anything up with the insurance or DME people.

THank you!!!

Oh absolutely you can change all your settings. FWIW my doc, DME, and insurance know I edit my own settings. How they know is a story for another place and time. But yeah edit with knowledge is how I'd handle it. They cannot punish you for helping make Your therapy better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you really renting the machine for just a month? Or is it 13 months, the normal insurance protocol? For one thing, it'll take more than a month to meet insurance compliance benchmarks.

If it's 13 months, per insurance parameters, you will own that exact machine at the end of the 13 months, unless you fail compliance, in which case they confiscate it.

If it's gonna be yours, best to check if they've given you a used unit. DME's try to get away with this. Contact them ASAP and put up a stink unless they get you a new one.

---------

I got a little wary before my follow up first appointment with the sleep center because I had changed the settings myself. I simply changed them back before our little tête à tête. No one noticed. They only care if you're meeting compliance regulations, you've reduced your AHI at least somewhat, and your mask doesn't leak. They only care about what they have to report to the insurance company.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would bring up the question: have you learned to access the top secret Clinical mode to access the machine settings? If the answer is a No, go the the clinical menu guide at the top of the page and get the one for your Exact machine model.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,445 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 458 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 716 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 311 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,764 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,152 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.