Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and need advice about Amara View
New and need advice about Amara View
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. I have been a cpap user for three years now and have been using the Resmed Quattro FX full face mask. Overall the mask has worked well for me. However over the past year I have noticed that I am getting major indentations on my face from the mask that do not ease up even after showering. This might also be in part due to my age which is 58 and my skin losing its elasticity. I also tend to sleep mostly on my side.

I started doing some research online and came across the Amara View. Being that the mask didn't sit on the bridge of the nose, I thought it would be a good choice and not cause indentations on my face. I have used the mask now for about a week. I find that it feels comfortable on my face and also seals well especially when I use one of the RemZzz liners. I seem to sleep soundly most of the night and only awaken once or twice a night to a little hissing sound that is quickly corrected by slightly adjusting the mask. 

Now here is my issue with this mask. When I remove it in the morning the back of my neck hurts. I do not have the mask on too tight as I can easily slide two fingers under the straps. Yet an even bigger problem for me is that I have intense sinus pressure and a headache all day after sleeping with this mask. I do take daily allergy medicine and of course it is the time of the year when everything is blooming here so that might be contributing a little bit to my problem. I just can't imagine continuing with this mask with the way it makes me feel. Has anyone else experienced something similar when using this mask? I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. I really want to like this mask but right now it is making me miserable. Thank you.

Nadia
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New and need advice about Amara View
I have used the Quattro FX, Amara View, and the AirFit F20. I did not experience any neck pain or sinus pressure with the Amara View. I quit using it after about a month because I had problems controlling leaks. I am now using the F20 which is the best mask I have used to date. 

The I suspect your sinus pressure is from some other source. Have you tried going back to the Quattro FX to see if it relieves your discomfort? I have lines on my face from the headgear that take hours to disappear. I think it's a matter of aging but we are all different. The mask itself does not leave marks on my face. Some other forum members may have suggestions on hoe to deal with that.

I hope you can find a solution to your problems.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NadiaK,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am now using the F20 and for a short time I used the view. I believe I was having leak problems. I was getting long lasting indentations with the F20 (hours long). I am know using Pad a cheek strap lines which has greatly helped. I do believe that at one point I was getting neck pain with one of the many masks that I have tried so I can not give you much help on that. Pad a Cheek does make padding that can go on the back of your neck. Maybe that will help. Here is a link.

Commercial Link Removed   Search for Supplier #31

Car54

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I did stop using the Amara View and went back to my Quattro FX. No issues with sinus pressure from the Quattro. I do have the pad a cheek strap liners which are great. I really want to give the Amara another try as it was so comfortable on my face and great for side sleeping. I just am afraid to deal with that sinus pressure again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 804 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.