Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and wondering what I need?
RE: New and wondering what I need?
Is it possible to find a local DME to rent you a machine until you get your permanent one?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think every insurance company, medical equipment provider, and doctor considers the humidifier to be part of CPAP therapy. I've not heard of anyone getting a CPAP machine that didn't come with the humidifier.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They gave me the option of buying a humidifier. It was not described as necessary, just that "most people are more comfortable" with one. Also, they would not rent one with my rented APAP machine, buy was the only option. I have found it nice to have.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 08:49 PM)trailrider Wrote: Hey, welcome to the forum! Relax and don't stress while awaiting the titration study. The titration study will determine which pressure ranges work for you in the sleep states. Using that the doc will write the prescription. In the meantime if you aren't on a loaner machine, sleep on your side or stomach.

The DME (or online vendor) can sell hypoallergenic filters for the machine. There are five furred things in our house. Even the regular ones keep the large stuff out of the machine, like fur and dust bunnies. My cat likes to play with the hose, unfortunately while attached to my face. My dog has been most forgiving as I have several times rolled over and dragged the hose which pulled the machine off the night table onto him.

I found the hardest part was getting used to the mask. And hose. And not rolling over too many times.

Great dog protecting your machine from a damaging hard fall!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate all these comments! I'm learning some stuff already trying to get a new Bipap machine for my disabled brother through Medicare. Had some experience of what is needed to get him special shoes, so that's helping to get the right stuff from the doctor. He had NO IDEA that he could have gotten supplies more often. He's only been able to get new stuff every 2 years! Even though he is waiting to get a new machine at a different supplier, he contacted his old supplier and they right away sent him new supplies and a replacement mask. But, he's kindof like my late Dad - doesn't ever do research on his issues; just complains.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 09:54 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: He had NO IDEA that he could have gotten supplies more often. He's only been able to get new stuff every 2 years! Even though he is waiting to get a new machine at a different supplier, he contacted his old supplier and they right away sent him new supplies and a replacement mask. But, he's kindof like my late Dad - doesn't ever do research on his issues; just complains.

SO glad your brother is getting the new supplies that he needs! He may not realize that he needs you as an advocate, but he does.

Some folks have not figured out how to not complain.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 537 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,138 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 577 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,612 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.