Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New bipap presciption
RE: New bipap presciption
Shamus, all we know is that you have relatively high pressure needs in excess of 20 cm that cannot be provided by CPAP. What we don't know is what kind of apnea you are having (obstructive or central) or its distribution through the night. If the apnea is mainly obstructive, then at this point you probably need to deal with positional issues. We can't just sit here and hope to be effective by guessing. I think you will see Fred and I will return once you post some charts or something useful for us to help you help yourself. Until then, there is little we can do to help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2019, 12:19 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Shamus54,
Give the good folks here a chance to help.  

Download the OSCAR software, then follow the tutorials in mine or bonjour’s signature to post a chart here.

There are many knowledgeable folk here, especially when it comes to setting up bipaps that will look at your data and advise.

I do appreciate that! I ended up uninstalling ResScan 5.1 and installing 5.9 earlier today so that my new machine is supported. (my sleep doctor told me a while back in my therapy to use ResScan if possible) After creating a detailed report for last night, it appears that my leakage was through the roof right after I went to sleep last night... (naturally that throws off the AHI along with everything else). This makes me fairly confident that I understand, and what occurred last night is correctable by fixing my leak issue? (I know that OSCAR is the preferred software here, and if my issues don't improve in short order I intend to explore this further using OSCAR)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Shamus54,

Yes, it’s important to get leaks under control.

This link may help you adjust your mask for fit.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2019, 12:31 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Shamus, all we know is that you have relatively high pressure needs in excess of 20 cm that cannot be provided by CPAP.  What we don't know is what kind of apnea you are having (obstructive or central) or its distribution through the night. If the apnea is mainly obstructive, then at this point you probably need to deal with positional issues. We can't just sit here and hope to be effective by guessing. I think you will see Fred and I will return once you post some charts or something useful for us to help you help yourself. Until then, there is little we can do to help.

Don't know if this snipit will help?  My leakage corresponded with the apneas...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2019, 02:28 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Shamus54,

Yes, it’s important to get leaks under control.  

This link may help you adjust your mask for fit.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

Yup...  The only mask that I've been able to make work for me is the Mirage Quatro which I've used for nearly 10 years now. I usually have leaks under control, but I'm not used to the increased pressure yet. I just read back over this link info and it dawns on me that my seal is over four months old due a supply interruption after going on medicare...  LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Well my sleep report from MyAir was 99 this morning, losing one point for leaking...  AHI was 4.6 so I think I'm on my way to better results! I am still of the mindset that 21/15 is too much pressure for me, but I'll wait until I see my doctor next month before messing with it...  Worst case I'll have the doctor rewrite my script for straight cpap again and set my therapy up the way I think it should be? I won't bother you guys about this issue again unless I can't get any satisfaction from my efforts...  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Presciption lageotakes 4 516 10-25-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 521 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,172 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.