Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New burn off smell
RE: New burn off smell
(07-06-2019, 02:51 PM)The Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 05:38 AM)Apnearon Wrote: Something I forgot to mention was, along with the smell, my chest between my breast felt strange like I was congested, my throat was dry, my setting for the humidifier is at 6, and it used one third of the water in the humidifier, my nose was not dry, actually felt like my nose was getting moisture.

Leaking and smell, the smell could be from being a smoker and it was forcing the left over smoke from my lungs and into the mask?

The leaking could it have something to do with the absence of dentures at night when I’m going to bed?

I’m going to keep grasping for straws until I find the problem with not being able to use  CPAP for SA, or until I figure out I’ve been beating a dead horse and through the CPAP in the garbage and accept the fact that is the way God programmed me to live and stop fighting him.

There are a couple interesting issues here. Smoking can lead to all kinds of odors and oral conditions as well as residues on skin and facial hair. Dentures dramatically change the shape of your face and fundamentally change the face you had when your mask was fit. In a perfect world, quit smoking and get implants.  In this world, you need to pay attention to oral and facial hygiene and if implants are not an option, fit your mask, the way you sleep.

Thanks sleeprider
I’ve Been taking a break from CPAP for a few days, I believe the burn smell is from being a smoker, but just noticed it 3times so far.

For some CPAP users it has been a life changer for them, for me it will be a life change for me too  give up smoking, new implants and still can’t get any benefits of OSA will still be beating a dead horse and could have had a new car for what I paid for the denture implants. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
HydrangeaWould you want to try a nasal mask/pillow?  It could help eliminate the smell coming from your mouth.

(I mean this in a very nice way. When I am not liking the smell of my breath, I switch to a nasal mask/pillow for the night.)

Bigwink
Yes the nasal pillow is the most comfortable one for me, next is the nasal cushion and last one is useless and the most uncomfortable (full mask) and I hate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue but am using exclusively a travel CPAP/APAP, called Z1 and the newer model Z2.  I too use SoClean to clean mask and hosing daily and it doesn't matter if newly replaced equipment or weeks old used equipment is being utilized.  It only happens intermittently, but last night was really bad, starting 3 hours after "plugging in" and continuing for 3 more hours until I gave up on it.  I don't use heated tubing or humidifier so those can't be to blame.  If anyone else has a suggestion or solution PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO PROVIDE as I am desperate!!! Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be due to the ozone?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am familiar with the ozone smell of the cleaning units I have (So Clean and a portable travel one) and it is nothing like that, but truly an "ashy wood fire smoke smell".  At first I attributed it to the terrible fires around the state, I live in California, but don't live close to any ground zero fire areas and the skies are clear with great visibility and no smell in the air.  It is really driving me crazy!!! Thanks for the idea...would love for it to have been the answer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,211 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Burning Smell? BC3B 33 19,395 10-25-2023, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Teddyg
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 12 8,823 10-24-2023, 12:23 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 21 7,658 10-08-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,467 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.