Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

New camera!
Finally, after over a year, I have a new camera. I had a decent one that was slowly dying but it still worked so I couldn't justify getting a new one. It took really good photos so I was happy. But on one of the trips up Nawth, we lost it.

So today I got an early Christmas present. A Canon SX50 HS. It's considered a "bridge" camera because while it is not a digital SLR, it might as well be. It's actually slightly better than the low-end Canon EOS SLR.

Anyway, so I'm messing with the zoom and on my desk just happens to be the SD card from my Autoset.

[Image: card-lock01.jpg]

I love the zoom on this thing! It's why I chose it over the others. We went kinda late to get it then got home and had to charge the battery so by the time I could actually take photos, it was dark. I'll be getting some more tomorrow to really test out it's capabilities.

Here's the link to the full image, if anyone is interested in the details it got.
http://www.apneaboard.net/gallery/albums...ock01b.jpg

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-06-2012 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
dcgrafix Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Philips Respironics System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (461CA)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro Large
Humidifier: Respironics System one
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Diabetes type 2

Sex: Male

RE: New camera!
Nice Paula
Looks like it has awesome macro (close up) & sharp
What mega pixel is it?
12-07-2012 01:06 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

12? I'll have to check. The manual is huge.

There's so many overkill but kinda cool bells and whistles. Like, it can do facial recognition. You take a pic of someone then put that into the memory. Anytime you take a photo with that person in it, it "tags" the image. Which isn't too bad (but iffy on the privacy since it is part of the image's code). If you enter in the person's birthdate and the camera realizes it is a baby, when taking a photo of the baby and it is asleep (eyes closed, not moving), it will SILENCE the shutter so as to not wake the baby. If the baby is awake, it speeds up the shutter so to catch movement better. Then you add in that you can put 4 people in a frame, it recognizes all of them (or at least acknowledges they are faces vs trees), you hit the timer, then get in the photo too. As soon as another face enters the frame (yours) 3 seconds later, it takes the photo. Also, you focus on one face and set the timer another way, and when that person winks, 2 seconds later, it takes the photo. Seriously. It can tell when a person winks. You can even set it so that it will tell you if someone blinked from the flash.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-07-2012 02:49 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
b360155 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX & Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50-D Plus Pulse Oximeter!

Sweet...ya gotta love technology! Merry Early Christmas Paula!

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
12-07-2012 07:01 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Wow, awesome! Some of that technology is kind of scary, but it's cool at the same time. Cool

Congrats on the new toy - man, on that full-resolution original link, I can even see the minute scratches on the surface of your table (are those dog scratches?). Thinking-about

I know when I was investigating Android smart phones, many of the higher-end ones also have facial recognition - and they can use that for the security log-in thing for the phone - the phone's front-facing camera take a pic of your face and can tell whether you're the owner or not and whether to allow you to use the phone based on that determination.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-07-2012 10:26 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
b360155 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX & Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50-D Plus Pulse Oximeter!

(12-07-2012 10:26 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Wow, awesome! Some of that technology is kind of scary, but it's cool at the same time. Cool

Congrats on the new toy - man, on that full-resolution original link, I can even see the minute scratches on the surface of your table (are those dog scratches?). Thinking-about

I know when I was investigating Android smart phones, many of the higher-end ones also have facial recognition - and they can use that for the security log-in thing for the phone - the phone's front-facing camera take a pic of your face and can tell whether you're the owner or not and whether to allow you to use the phone based on that determination.

SS: My phone does have that facial recognition software but the current version is not foolproof. I'd read that if you put a picture of yourself in front of the phone's camera that it would unlock the phone. So, I tested it out and took a picture, printed it in color on a 8 1/2 by 11" piece of paper, held it up in front of my phone when I turned the screen on and....sure enough, the phone unlocked! I read somewhere that there is a new improved facial recognition program being developed that requires that you blink before it will unlock the phone.Oh-jeez

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
12-07-2012 10:34 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

SS, the image is of the space between the two halves of my keyboard which sits on a compressed board tray that bridges the gap between the arms of my chair and the desk.

[Image: freestyle01-sm.jpg]

This is my old chair and old keyboard but it shows how it works. If my desk was cleaner, I'd take a pic of the new chair (just got it a week ago) and the split keyboard.

[Image: tray02-sm.jpg]

So not dog scratches, just damage sustained over the past...15 yrs?

And the radios aren't there anymore. I never got the antenna up and they were getting dusty so they're in a box under my desk. Someday, I'll get the antenna up and get back on the air!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-07-2012 12:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sorry, all I can see is the ham radio equipment. For me, that's like asking me to look at green beans and asparagus in a picture with a huge mound of chocolate ice cream staring me in the face. Bigwink Too-funny

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-07-2012 06:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toshiba flashair in a 3Volt camera justMongo 2 203 06-10-2016 05:08 PM
Last Post: justMongo