Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Have you had to switch to nightshifts to survive
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.00%
3 25.00%
No
75.00%
9 75.00%
Thought about it
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New career due to apnea
RE: New carreer due to apnea
3 to 4 hours of sleep! I consider you blessed! Have you always been that way, or did you somehow train yourself to only need that much? I could be so more productive than I am with that amount. I have never heard anyone actually say that. Please . . . do tell. I know everyone's different, but I still have to hear more. How about your other family members? Are they that way too?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New carreer due to apnea
(05-03-2012, 10:41 AM)Jenny Wrote: 3 to 4 hours of sleep! I consider you blessed! Have you always been that way, or did you somehow train yourself to only need that much? I could be so more productive than I am with that amount. I have never heard anyone actually say that. Please . . . do tell. I know everyone's different, but I still have to hear more. How about your other family members? Are they that way too?

Not always that way. I got a lot more when I was younger. I think thats normal. My 17yo girls can sleep 12hrs no problem. The older I get (im 36) the less I need. I just feel better on 4 or so hrs. My mind runs much faster and my body feels better too.

Every now and then I may get 6 or so hours if I have had a few trying days (camping, hiking whatever) but it is rare and I am always sore afterwards.

I always have 5 or so projects going at one time. Ever try and run power tools while your spouse is sleeping? I have been scolded more than once.

I like to say "there are at least 20 useable hours in every day".

I cannot sleep without my cpap. wouldnt even think of it. It has been my saviour.
(05-03-2012, 10:41 AM)Jenny Wrote: 3 to 4 hours of sleep! I consider you blessed! Have you always been that way, or did you somehow train yourself to only need that much? I could be so more productive than I am with that amount. I have never heard anyone actually say that. Please . . . do tell. I know everyone's different, but I still have to hear more. How about your other family members? Are they that way too?

Not always that way. I got a lot more when I was younger. I think thats normal. My 17yo girls can sleep 12hrs no problem. The older I get (im 36) the less I need. I just feel better on 4 or so hrs. My mind runs much faster and my body feels better too.

Every now and then I may get 6 or so hours if I have had a few trying days (camping, hiking whatever) but it is rare and I am always sore afterwards.

I always have 5 or so projects going at one time. Ever try and run power tools while your spouse is sleeping? I have been scolded more than once.

I cannot sleep without my cpap. wouldnt even think of it. It has been my saviour.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New career due to apnea
Indeed--I totally agree with never sleeping without it. As someone said last week, if I ever felt as bad as I did again (before CPAP), I would call an ambulance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New career due to apnea
People generally need less sleep the older we get. Different people need different amounts of sleep, too. We're all different. My magic number is 8-9 hours. I know that from looking at the data on my CPAP machine. Sometimes I get more than that, other times, less, but I would say that at least 85% of the time I log 8-9 hours per night on my CPAP machine. Not all of that time is spent sleeping of course, but I have no way of knowing how to account for that, other than to notice that as I've gotten more used to CPAP therapy I spend less awake time in bed.

I used to toss and turn trying to get to sleep, and trying to get back to sleep. Nowadays it's getting easier. I just need to ramp up my exercise routine and I know it'll get a lot better. I got lazy and disgusted with all things exercise-related because depite my best efforts I produced no results. Then I started CPAP therapy. Now I'm trying to get back to that exercise regime. Had a bit of a set-back last week when I had to go to the doctor for a upper-respiratory infection, but a good dose of steroids and antibiotics and I'm almost over it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,392 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,584 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 24 2,848 06-13-2021, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  New to Sleep Apnea (central Apnea) cyipher 17 1,885 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can large tonsils cause sleep apnea? Would removing them prevent sleep apnea? WWu777 4 1,526 12-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.