Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New computer - back to building OSCAR
New computer - back to building OSCAR
Old laptop motherboard died.  Ran for 3 weeks on a Raspberry Pi 4.  Finally my new laptop arrived!  Nice new, fast machine.  Lots of cores.  So to build OSCAR again.
Installed the dependencies.  (Still Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS)  Did a fresh git clone.  Build fails Sad

Code:
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: *** [Makefile:2186: intellipap_loader.o] Error 1
Code:
g++ -c -pipe -Werror -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -O2 -std=gnu++11 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Dhelpless -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DLOCK_RESMED_SESSIONS -D_TTY_POSIX_ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PRINTSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_SERIALPORT_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I../../OSCAR-code/oscar -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtPrintSupport -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtOpenGL -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtXml -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtSerialPort -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o mseries_loader.o ../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/mseries_loader.cpp
../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/intellipap_loader.cpp: In function ‘bool load6HighResData(const QString&)’:
../../OSCAR-code/oscar/SleepLib/loader_plugins/intellipap_loader.cpp:1450:37: error: taking address of packed member of ‘DV6_R_REC’ may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Werror=address-of-packed-member]
1450 |             flow->AddWaveform(ti,R->breath,50,2000);
     |                                  ~~~^~~~~~

Any clues?  I'm not even using the intellipap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New computer - back to building OSCAR
Are you building within Qt Creator or using the command line?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops! You're hitting a difference in compiler warnings. That error is in the new DeVilbiss support code. I'll fix it ASAP and let you know when there is new source code to test compile.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, fix to intellipap loader has been merged. Please try again and let me know if there are any other errors.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Thumbs up!  Built with no problem.  Thanks  like
Post Reply Post Reply
On Xubuntu 20.04.1 (Ubuntu with xfce GUI), it also works.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
To build an installation package for Ubuntu, does one mkDistDeb.sh?  I really didn't understand the instructions in BUILD_Linux.md.  From where does one invoke this?  There is a notice to not cruft up things, but no guidance how to avoid it.  I created a folder Packages under Apps/OSCAR.  So from /Apps/OSCAR/Packages I would invoke $ ../OSCAR-code/Building/Linux/mkDistDeb.sh ?

These newer releases of Ubuntu make it very hard to manually create  a working desktop launcher.  Creating launchers was easy even 6 months ago.  All the online instructions don't work anymore as the option in the right click menu is gone.  I have 20.04.1 LTS.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I build packages, I created a Packages folder, as you did, and then copied all the files in Building/Linux into it. They don't change very often, so I just leave them there. Then in Packages I do "./mkdistDeb.sh Ubun18" - as I build an 18.04 version, then do some tinkering to change a library dependency for 20.04 (I don't really like 20.04, so I've stayed with 18.04 for building.

I usually use Debian Buster/testing as my regular desktop, though.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where can I find fpm?  

mkDistDeb.sh fails fpm: command not found.  

fpm isn't in the regular Ubuntu 20.04 repository.  I found a repo on github, but not sure if there are various versions.

This newer version of Ubuntu 20.04.1 is getting on my nerves.  Don't care for Gnome 3.36.8
Post Reply Post Reply
From my notebook (I'll add it to the building file):

apt install ruby ruby-dev -- this will add a lot of stuff
gem install --no-document fpm --- this will do a lot of stuff

That should do it; sorry about the omission
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 546 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 557 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 901 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  How to get my data back RainbowFish 4 697 02-19-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Running 2 Oscar on same computer DanEm 8 720 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  New Computer Graphics Problem txrpls 9 820 10-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.